- Latest Thread
A Humor Group
A place to get a laugh, and/or share a laugh with other JPRers
- Republican Healthcare
A Readers & Writers Menagerie
This is a group for those who love to read and love to write. Let’s discuss favorite books – and the process of writing them. Books on Audible…on CD. Books waiting to be written – songs – lyrics. Let’s mine the creative process of the use of words.
- Automated book-culling software drives librarians to create fake patrons
This group is a place that provides opportunities for people of all faiths, spiritual leanings and non-belief to discuss religious topics and events in a positive and civil manner, with an emphasis on tolerance.
- Freethought Of The Day
This is a group to post and discuss topics specific to Canada. Everyone is welcome here, Canucks are a friendly bunch.
- Canadian church volunteers denied entry to U.S.
Cannabis on JPR
This group can discuss all things related to cannabis. Legalization, Cultivation, and Participation.
- Illinois lawmakers move to legalize recreational weed
Car-Free Living and New Urbanism
Successor to the Public Transportation & Smart Growth group. The new name is designed to include cyclists and pedestrians as well as mass transit users/enthusiasts. Also, the slightly dated phrase ”Smart Growth” has been replaced by the more contemporary ”New Urbanism”.
- Openings and construction starts for 2017
Computers and Technology
Welcome to JPR’s Computer and Tech center
- Could someone knowledgable tell me…
I am starting this group for people to post regarding the election fraud that occurred in the 2016 Arizona Presidential Preference Primary. There have been many posts in several locations and I just would like this to be the place for this group to place their focus, posts and resources.
- Florida court strikes down ‘obscene’ vote-by-mail law after Democrats sue
This group and its subgroups are for issues that: 1. are highly-charged, and 2. there are two or more sides to the story, and all sides will not likely come to agreement in the near future Basically, if you're posting on JPR about any topic that has a subgroup here, that post should go here, unless it's legitimately Latest Breaking News. The main difference between these groups and other groups/forums, is that we're waiving the rule that extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. You can quote some guy on a blog as proof, and it'll be up to your fellow JPR netizens to accept it or push back. Also, posts in this group may not go to JPR's homepage. One rule that definitely does apply is to not accuse people, particularly non-public figures, of serious crimes unless there is some seriously-good evidence. E.G., if you need to accuse someone of molesting children because of the combination of "code words" they used in an email, we'll all be happier if you do that somewhere else, JPR's management as a whole takes no position on any issue here, although some of us may wade in representing only ourselves. That does not mean that you can use doctored photos, print or video. Any intentional use of fabrication will be removed and the poster may be banned. No Pizzagate. Take it elsewhere. All other rules at JackpineRadicals apply. Most importantly, no personal attacks and no hate sites
- NYPD release sexting screen shots by Weiner to 15 yo girl
Health Groups –
All groups that deal with any and all types of health issues
- Organizing pneumonia, anyone heard of that
Hobby Groups –
Includes photography, gardening, cooking, ECT. All groups that are normally considered a hobby and don't fit in with political groups (you're more than welcome to ask that your group be added or removed from this grouping)
- CC’s Wildlife and Scenery Photography Group (138, 687),
- Cycling (22, 117),
- DIY & Home Improvement (26, 274),
- Jackpine Radical Cooking (371, 1,696),
- Jackpine Radical Gardening (59, 426),
- JPR Gaming (66, 246),
- JPR Photography (100, 395),
- Movies, Television, Streaming (141, 736),
- Wheels, wheels and more wheels! (50, 251)
- What's for Dinner, Thurs., Mar. 23, 2017
A place for Seniors to share information relevant to those who fit into this category or have friends and family who might benefit from our information and conversation.
- Since we all probably knew a Hippie or two.
A group where we celebrate our companion animals. Any animal you like, we like. Welcome one and all.
- My kitty sometomes misses the box when she urinates.
Labor for Bernie
Six national unions and 107 state and local union bodies endorsed Bernie. ‘Labor for Bernie’ is intending to fight on. This JPR Labor group welcomes ideas and debate on how unions can participate in the Revolution, promote progressive policies and influence the coming presidential, congressional and local elections.
- Right to Work States
Lone Nerd History Group
Created for the discussion of history – mostly English history until the Glorious Revolution and all with (or without) a Samuel Pepys obsession. Credit for the idea to JPR’er dorkzilla!
- How Hitler Came to Power
Music Groups –
Sooth a savage breast (or two)
- Classical Music (91, 184),
- Country Music (169, 180),
- Electronic Music (112, 110),
- Hip Hop and R&B (141, 134),
- International Music Group (106, 63),
- Jazz Music (114, 237),
- JPR Guitars (78, 177),
- Punk & Metal Music (203, 230),
- Rock & Roll-ish (377, 516),
- The Totally Random Evening Full Album Listening Group (220, 371),
- Traditional Music (74, 99)
- Blame it on the Wind
- A Humor Group