Home Topics in Depth Activism These guys traveled from New York and are among hundreds, maybe as many as 2,000

• LiberalArkie (3579 posts)
    Profile photo of LiberalArkie Donor

These guys traveled from New York and are among hundreds, maybe as many as 2,000

Jefferson23, jwirr, Pastiche and 5 othersPADemD, Enthusiast, leftcoastmountains, bjo59, dorkzilla like this

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

▼ Hide Reply Index
9 replies
  • dorkzilla (2240 posts)
    Profile photo of dorkzilla Donor

1. I would go in a heartbeat

But I would need a companion…hubby doesn’t have time to go and I need someone to go with in case my stupid condition flares up. I’ve asked everyone I know if they would go and I’ve come up empty-handed :(

3. They are so young and wise. I think a good generation is being grown.

They will receive valuable life lessons there and may not go crazy like those my age did (68) and become self seekers. But thinking about that, that was the hippy revolution, get into your inner self crap.

• jwirr (2805 posts)
        Profile photo of jwirr Donor

9. Totally agree. I am so glad that I can watch this generation grow up and now

use their influence to try to help us all. Not real sure where they got their knowledge from as the media and the churches surely haven’t been their source.

Lead on – I will follow.

• bjo59 (3581 posts)
    Profile photo of bjo59 Donor

2. Great video clip.

Also very interesting to read the commentary underneath.   In amongst great responses are comments about how the vets going out there are “trust fund” kids and about how Soros is funding them.  Willful stupidity is a terrible thing.

4. Yep, funded by the famous trust fund site of "GoFundMe". Perhaps some

trust fund people did fund a lot of them. Go trust fund babies.

• leftcoastmountains (1913 posts)
      Profile photo of leftcoastmountains Donor

5. Ha! Like a trust fund kid is going to enlist in the military then go to

Standing Rock. Unbelievable!

#CalExit #Trumpdoesn'tpaytaxeswhyshouldwe
    • dorkzilla (2240 posts)

6. Vile and hateful people are spreading this shit around

This whole Soros thing is weird; people (like my mother) are convinced that the Trump protesters were all paid by him, that all of the protests that popped up in the days after the election were fake.  Even if some of the group of Trump protesters were “paid operatives” from Soros, they really think they’re ALL being paid.

Yeah, trust fund kids are all joining infantry units in the USMC and Army and serving in the ME. Because it’s all the rage. Clearly these morons don’t know any trust fund kids.

• bjo59 (3581 posts)
        Profile photo of bjo59 Donor

7. Am constantly amazed at the shit people make up without a shred of

self consciousness.  Did you see the Jordan/TYT interviews outside a Wall Mart near Standing Rock?  The looks on those people’s faces as they said the most incredibly ridiculous things (like the woman who insisted that “the Indians” had done a drive by shooting into someone’s house and killing their cat!).  You could tell she knew she was talking bullshit (the one with the cat story), but when she got to the baldfaced lies, her eyes would get really big) and she was going to “stand her ground,” god-damn it.  My mother’s side of the family was a real study in how the collective lying works too.  They all would sit around the dinner table corroborating each others falsehoods and tale tales, thus constantly re-affirming that they were speaking the unmitigated truth.

(@liberalarkie [email protected])

• dorkzilla (2240 posts)

8. Luckily, no I didn't see that

I just purchased a new television so it’s good I didn’t as I’d have put my foot through it watching that.

And you hit on the problem with these falsehoods…instead of calling people out on their bullshit, other people help embellish their stories. It’s fucking maddening.