Deadpool (6552 posts)December 23, 2016 at 6:20 pm
Ultimate How-To Thread
Welcome to the improved How-To Thread. Click on a question below for an answer…
How do I upload an image to my gallery? (For Donors)Babel 17, em77, OzoneTom and 23 othersdisillusioned73, VoiceOfReason, avaistheone1, Phlem, txgrandpa, Bluerose, Mom Cat, dreamnightwind, broiles, Land of Enchantment, NVBirdlady, sabrina, Jan Boehmermann, HubHeaver, DamnYankeeInHouston, Enthusiast, Scuba, Marym625, nenagh, donDonE, Haikugal, Melissa G, LiberalElite like this
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
2 months ago #37
Deadpool (6552 posts) (Reply to original post) December 23, 2016 at 6:20 pm
1. How to Upload Avatars/Profile Pictures
Click “My JPR”
Click “Change Profile Photo”
2. How to add a signature
Click on “My JPR”
Click “Profile” on the nav bar
Click “edit” on the sub-nav
Scroll down to the signature box
Here, you’ll be able to add text and/or an image.
To add an image for your signature, click on the “Insert/edit image” icon
VoiceOfReason (930 posts) (Reply to Deadpool - post #2) January 22, 2017 at 8:15 am
36. Doesn't work for me
No “edit” button ever shows up."Men who do evil brilliantly are often admired" Voltaire BERN BABY BERN!!
Deadpool (6552 posts) (Reply to VoiceOfReason - post #36) January 22, 2017 at 10:06 am
37. The process has changed a little. The post has now been updated.
Right now, if you click “My JPR”, you’re taken to your activity feed. You’ll have to click on “Profile” in the nav bar then “Edit” to add/change.
3. I’m tired of the double spacing, how do I only do a soft return/enter?
Press and hold the shift key, then press return/enter.
4. How do I embed a Youtube/Vimeo video?
Copy the Youtube/Vimeo url, then paste it here. If the video creator has embedding turned off, only a link will show.
5. How do I post an image?
A couple ways:
Copy/paste the image url.
Insert from your own Media (For Donors)
Use the “insert image” icon on the editor –
If you want to use an image from your computer, you’ll need to upload it to an image hosting site. Then paste the image url. For Donors, images can be uploaded to your Media.
6. How do I add a link to selected text?
In the editor, select the text you want to become a link.
After the text is selected, click the “Insert/edit link” icon
7. How do I preview my posts?
Yes, there is a preview. In the editor, click the icon shown below:
8. When I click on “Latest”, I only see the newest threads. How do I only see the
At the top of the Latest forum, you’ll see two options for viewing. Click on “Latest replies” (Your selection will be saved the next time you return to that tab too.)
9. How do I report someone for being a Troll/Hillbot/Spammer?
Click on the “report content” on the perpetrator’s post:
10. How do I find threads that I bookmarked?
Click “My JPR”
Click on “Forums” on the nav
Click on “Bookmarks” on the sub-nav
Scroll to the top of the page, and look at the upper right corner:
11. How do I delete my post/thread?
If your post is less than a week old, edit your post and type “Self-Delete” in the title and text body. Only a Mod can delete the post/thread for good.
If your thread has numerous replies, it’ll be closed instead.
12. How do I find out who the Admins and Mods are?
Here are the current Admins and Mods:
13. How do I start a thread? Why can’t I start a thread?
Threads can be started by members who have more than 10 posts. (You can accumulate 10 posts by replying to threads)
Before starting a new thread, choose which forum/group would be the place for your piece.
Once you made that selection, click on the “start a new topic” button:
14. How do I go to the latest reply for a thread on mobile?
How do I go to the latest reply for a thread on mobile?
Press the little talk bubble. ( ) That’ll take you to the latest reply.
What’s up with that word ballon next to certain posts?
This indicates that there are new posts in a thread since you last looked at it.
15. How do I upload an image to my gallery? (For Donors)
-Go to My JPR
-Click the Media tab on the nav bar
-Select which album you want the image in.
-Click Select your files
To create an album:
Click Albums in the Media sub nav.
Click Add Album
16. Someone mentioned me in a post. How do I find it?
Click on the notification that says (insert username) mentioned you
This will take you to the page that shows all the mentions you received
Here, you can see what was said. If you wish to view the post in the forum it was posted in, click the date/time
17. How do I find the rules for this site?
They can be found here: Community Standards & Guidelines
Some additional rules are also here: About JPR
18. How do I send a private message?
To send someone a private message you can click on the envelope next to their name in one of their forum posts. Or you can go to your inbox and select Compose from the subnav.
To get to your inbox either click on the ‘inbox’ link in the upper right corner of the site, or go to My JPR > Messages > Compose.
You can message multiple people at once by separating their names with a comma.
NOTE: if the person has spaces in their name, you will need to remove them when adding them to the ‘Send To’ field.
19. Where is the list for smileys?
The JPR list can be found here: Smileys
You may have saw a smiley that’s not listed above. Members can embed smileys from other sites. To do this, follow “how do I post an image”
20. What’s the email address for the site?
21. Where is the search function?
The icon can be found in the upper right corner of the page:
22. How do I send someone a friend request?
Click on the member’s name. Then look for the “Add Friend” button.
The member will be sent a friendship request. If they accept, you’ll be notified.
Deadpool (6552 posts) (Reply to original post) December 23, 2016 at 6:26 pm
23. I accidentally clicked the report content button…
How do I keep from sending an accidental report?
Click to refresh the page. The report will not be sent.
Haikugal (4641 posts) (Reply to original post) December 23, 2016 at 7:45 pm
Deadpool (6552 posts) (Reply to Haikugal - post #24) December 23, 2016 at 7:48 pm
25. Right click the link and open in a new tab
Delete the “html5” and hit enter
On the page, click “Advanced”
Scroll down to “Gif Download”
Copy the url, then paste here.
Haikugal (4641 posts) (Reply to Deadpool - post #25) December 23, 2016 at 8:02 pm
Marym625 (14826 posts) (Reply to original post) December 23, 2016 at 8:09 pm
27. You rock my friend! Thank you so much!Thank you DNC, Hillary Clinton, The Hillary Clinton Players, GOP, RNC and CrossCheck for Trump. Enjoy it while it lasts. The Revolution may not be televised but it's beginning. And we'll win
Deadpool (6552 posts) (Reply to Marym625 - post #27) December 23, 2016 at 8:34 pm
Marym625 (14826 posts) (Reply to Deadpool - post #28) December 23, 2016 at 9:35 pm
29. Wasn't at all hideous. Was wonderfulThank you DNC, Hillary Clinton, The Hillary Clinton Players, GOP, RNC and CrossCheck for Trump. Enjoy it while it lasts. The Revolution may not be televised but it's beginning. And we'll win
Enthusiast (5960 posts) (Reply to original post) December 24, 2016 at 4:18 am
30. Very well done!"The NSA’s capability at any time could be turned around on the American people, and no American would have any privacy left, such is the capability to monitor everything. There would be no place to hide." Frank Church
sabrina (5958 posts) (Reply to original post) December 24, 2016 at 3:57 pm
31. This is fantastic, thank you Deadpool.
I think you answered one of the things I hadn’t figured out yet, regarding posting a link. Going to check that one out.
I tried before to do it so that all the html lingo doesn’t show, just the title, but couldn’t do it for whatever reason.
Anyhow, thanks for this, it’s a great addition to JPR.
Deadpool (6552 posts) (Reply to sabrina - post #31) December 24, 2016 at 5:38 pm
NVBirdlady (3774 posts) (Reply to original post) December 24, 2016 at 10:27 pm
33. Thank you Deadpool!President Trump. Thanks DNC, HRC, DWS. #StillSanders. #NoDAPL #NoKXL Giant Meteor 2020
VoiceOfReason (930 posts) (Reply to original post) January 23, 2017 at 5:53 am
38. Thanks deadpool
You helped me fix my problem in a very fast way.
You are one of the best at your job than at any forum I have been on.
IMO; you are fair, unbiased, and apolitical. The sv is asleep at the wheel at his/her forum.
Thanks for your hard work and speedy attention to all.
The good, the bad, and the ugly.
I appreciate it."Men who do evil brilliantly are often admired" Voltaire BERN BABY BERN!!
Abakan (2184 posts) (Reply to original post) January 27, 2017 at 11:31 am
39. Well done DP
This really helps many people. You done good!
I have much to say, so I talk to birds. They are truly the only ones who listen.
Deadpool (6552 posts) (Reply to Abakan - post #39) January 27, 2017 at 12:47 pm
Deadpool (6552 posts) (Reply to original post) February 10, 2017 at 9:05 am
41. How do I change the image size when uploading images using the Add Media button
To add an image into a post:
Select your image: (It can be something you previously uploaded or a brand new upload)
Before inserting your image into the post…