A Readers & Writers Menagerie

Home A Readers & Writers Menagerie

Anyone read the John Sandford books?

• Enthusiast (5979 posts)
    Profile photo of Enthusiast Donor

Anyone read the John Sandford books?

We love the Lucas and Flower’s books. We have read every single one. I just finished the most recent two. I guess I like action packed suspenseful novels with colorful characters.

https://www.fantasticfiction.com/s/john-sandford/

Haikugal, djean111 like this
    "The NSA’s capability at any time could be turned around on the American people, and no American would have any privacy left, such is the capability to monitor everything. There would be no place to hide."  Frank Church

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

▼ Hide Reply Index
8 replies
  • tiamat (671 posts)
    Profile photo of tiamat Donor

1. I read all my library has in kindle format.

I have adapted to reading out of order by assuming time travel. :lol:

6. I think it would be fine to read the Sandford books out of order.

I have read them all and in order because I’m generally waiting for the next new one to come out. :hi:

"The NSA’s capability at any time could be turned around on the American people, and no American would have any privacy left, such is the capability to monitor everything. There would be no place to hide."  Frank Church
  • Lynetta (646 posts)
    Profile photo of Lynetta Donor

2. F__kin Flowers and Lucus kept me company this year.

Got displaced for a few months, no extra money to travel so I read. Reread the ones I first read some time ago and then the rest.

Very readable. Plots are page turners. Characters are vivid and varied. Added bonus for me I am in Minnesota and have been in most of the places that his books are set.

Working on Stephanie Plum. She is set in NJ. I’ve never been there. Then I will have to find something else.

5. We have read most of those Stephanie Plum books. They're fun.

:hi:

7. I would like to move to Minnesota.

And have my little Lund boat on a lake somewhere. Ohio doesn’t have enough lakes and the fishing is poor compared to Minnesota.

• Haikugal (4642 posts)
    Profile photo of Haikugal Donor

3. No, never heard of him! Thanks for bringing him to my attention friend! Where

would you recommend I start? :hi:

Be the bird.....       Hey DNC! Up Yours! It's ON!!

4. Sorry, Haikugal. I just now found your reply. No notification.

Nice to see you, Haikugal.  :hi:

John Sandford has refined his story telling skills over the years. I don’t know that his writing has improved but the stories and plots are better.

I would start around the year 2000. The Lucas Davenport books are all good. But the Virgil Flowers books are especially entertaining.

Mrs. Enthusiast is now reading Escape Clause—the most recent Flowers book. It’s a crazy romp, page turner and lots of fun.

https://www.fantasticfiction.com/s/john-sandford/

• Haikugal (4642 posts)
        Profile photo of Haikugal Donor

8. Thanks!

:hi:

Be the bird.....       Hey DNC! Up Yours! It's ON!!