A Readers & Writers Menagerie

Home A Readers & Writers Menagerie

Let's noun!

• Gryneos (996 posts)
    Profile photo of Gryneos

Let's noun!

:P

Enthusiast, valerief, FanBoy and 2 othersKauaiK, Doremus Jessup like this
    "You! Cake or death?" "Uh, cake for me, too, please." "Very well! Give him cake, too! We're gonna run out of cake at this rate. You! Cake or death?" "Uh, death, please. No, cake! Cake! Cake, sorry. Sorry..." "You said death first, uh-uh, death first!" "Well, I meant cake!" "Oh, all right. You're lucky I'm Church of England!" Eddie Izzard, Dress To Kill

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

▼ Hide Reply Index
16 replies
  • ASimpleGame (916 posts)
    Profile photo of ASimpleGame

1. It often seems to me that many people, even on JPR, have voluntarily given up

on using many verbs, nouns, adjectives, and adverbs and replaced them with four letter words that mostly begin with f and end with k.

• Gryneos (996 posts)
      Profile photo of Gryneos

2. I don't begrudge vulgarity

as I see that as reality. One reason I posted this was because it was hilarious. The other reason was due to how American society seems content to turn grammar inside-out because it’s hip and cool.

The only example that comes to mind, even though I love the channel, is TCM’s “Let’s Movie.”

No, “Let’s watch movies.” It’s still a short sentence and still catchy ;)

"You! Cake or death?" "Uh, cake for me, too, please." "Very well! Give him cake, too! We're gonna run out of cake at this rate. You! Cake or death?" "Uh, death, please. No, cake! Cake! Cake, sorry. Sorry..." "You said death first, uh-uh, death first!" "Well, I meant cake!" "Oh, all right. You're lucky I'm Church of England!" Eddie Izzard, Dress To Kill
      • FanBoy (5754 posts)
        Profile photo of FanBoy

3. japanese influence

• Gryneos (996 posts)
          Profile photo of Gryneos

4. Okay.

And that means…? In other words, details, please ;)

• FanBoy (5754 posts)
            Profile photo of FanBoy

5. just an offhand comment because of "japalish" — where it's not uncommon to

see things like “Let’s sushi!” on packaging, etc.

• Enthusiast (5409 posts)
        Profile photo of Enthusiast Donor

10. I have embraced vulgarity.

"The NSA’s capability at any time could be turned around on the American people, and no American would have any privacy left, such is the capability to monitor everything. There would be no place to hide."  Frank Church
        • Gryneos (996 posts)
          Profile photo of Gryneos

11. Are you married yet?

12. Soon to be 45 years.

"The NSA’s capability at any time could be turned around on the American people, and no American would have any privacy left, such is the capability to monitor everything. There would be no place to hide."  Frank Church
            • Gryneos (996 posts)
              Profile photo of Gryneos

13. Any vulgarettes?

i.e., “fucking kids!”

14. Just one.

• valerief (694 posts)
      Profile photo of valerief Donor

6. Aw, don't be such a fink! nt

traveling pigeon[Votes: if they're not worth counting twice, they're not worth counting at all.] [Everything is fiction.]
      • Gryneos (996 posts)
        Profile photo of Gryneos

7. U verbs?

I no verbs.

• valerief (694 posts)

8. Let's Verb!

traveling pigeon[Votes: if they're not worth counting twice, they're not worth counting at all.] [Everything is fiction.]
          • Gryneos (996 posts)
            Profile photo of Gryneos

9. Another appropriate name for a jazz label!

• valerief (694 posts)

15. Ha! Let's Verb and Reverb!

:rofl:

• Gryneos (996 posts)
                Profile photo of Gryneos

16. My word!

:rofl:

:thumbs: