• Site changes

Site will be down for an hour overnight (Mon/Tue) for an hour, some significant "behind the scenes" server changes happening. If all goes well, you'll see nothing different tomorrow except for faster speed and encrypted connections (HTTPS). Not sure of exact timing.

Atheist/Humanist/Non-Religious

Home Atheist/Humanist/Non-Religious

Bill Nye visited a Noah’s Ark he doesn’t believe should exist

• B Calm (691 posts)
    Profile photo of B Calm

Bill Nye visited a Noah’s Ark he doesn’t believe should exist

Bill Nye the Science Guy doesn’t believe that a gargantuan wooden boat filled with pairs of wild animals once floated across a flood that covered the entire earth. So last week, he went to visit the people who do – and the boat they built to prove it.

Nye was the first high-profile visitor to Ark Encounter, the Noah’s Ark museum that opened Thursday in Williamstown, Ky. The $100 million project was built by Answers in Genesis, a Christian ministry that believes the Bible’s story of Noah is a literal fact. For $40, visitors can step into a 510-foot-long ship filled with exhibits on Noah (the ministry says he lived to be 950 years old), his animals (about 7,000 on board) and the year-long flood (which ended with a rainbow).

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/arts-and-entertainment/wp/2016/07/10/bill-nye-visited-a-noahs-ark-he-doesnt-believe-should-exist/

Pastiche, MRM1024, Greenradical and 4 othersbroiles, djean111, Fasttense, Haikugal like this
    “When I was a kid growing up, I think my instincts always were for the underdog.” – Bernie Sanders    

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.