• Site changes

Site will be down for an hour overnight (Mon/Tue) for an hour, some significant "behind the scenes" server changes happening. If all goes well, you'll see nothing different tomorrow except for faster speed and encrypted connections (HTTPS). Not sure of exact timing.

Atheist/Humanist/Non-Religious

Home Atheist/Humanist/Non-Religious

Pastor Wants National Registry for Atheists

• mr blur (33 posts)
    Profile photo of mr blur Donor

Pastor Wants National Registry for Atheists

Pastor Mike Stahl of the Living Water internet church thinks atheists should be registered.

Brothers and Sisters , I have been seriously considering forming a ( Christian ) grassroots type of organization to be named “The Christian National Registry of Atheists” or something similar . I mean , think about it . There are already National Registrys for convicted sex offenders , ex-convicts , terrorist cells , hate groups like the KKK , skinheads , radical Islamists , etc..

This type of “National Registry” would merely be for information purposes . To inform the public of KNOWN ( i.e., self-admitted) atheists . For example , let’s say you live in Colorado Springs , Colorado , you could simply scroll down ( from the I-Net site /Blog ) I would have , to the State of Colorado , and then when you see “Colorado Springs” , you will see the names of all the self-admitted atheist(s) who live there ( e.g., if an atheist’s name happened to be “Phil Small” ) . The individual’s physical address , and other known personal information would NOT be disclosed ( though , perhaps a photo could be ).

<snip>

Yes, this guy’s a moron, but if Chump becomes your President, maybe you folks will find yourselves on one!

More at Friendly Atheist, here:

MsConduct, Haikugal, BeerMe and 4 othersDoremus Jessup, eridani, Idaho progressive, retrowire like this
    Reality is not a democracy

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

▼ Hide Reply Index
9 replies
  • djean111 (2898 posts)
    Profile photo of djean111 Donor

1. I sincerely doubt Trump would bother with this. Nor would Hillary.

You think the only reason that people won't vote for a warmongering Third Way fracking-enabling cluster bomb throwing H-1B increasing lying pandering corporate and Wall Street shill who says she has no problem putting abortion rights on the table is because we are mad about Bernie?  Um, nope.
    • Jan Boehmermann (2485 posts)
      Profile photo of Jan Boehmermann Donor

3. Hillary would probably force non-donors to register

• eridani (1429 posts)
      Profile photo of eridani Donor

7. Trump won't, but Acting President Pence might

Trump and Shrub are too lazy to be bothered with actual details, so (as Cheney ran the Bush White House) Pence will run a Trump White House.

You've heard of the Good Witch of the North and the Wicked Witch of the West, right?  I'm the Morally Ambiguous Witch of the Northwest.
  • retrowire (480 posts)
    Profile photo of retrowire Donor

2. good

They’ll see they are handily outnumbered.

I fix technological thingamadoodads. Also, Bernie is my spirit animal.
  • Deadpool (6620 posts)
    Profile photo of Deadpool Admin

4. …

His “registry” made me think of Nazi Germany, or the Soviet Union, or even Nixon’s “enemies list”. And he kept referring to “Admitted” atheists, which connotes evil and guilt.

FYI, that FA post is 5 years old.

• Doremus Jessup (1981 posts)
    Profile photo of Doremus Jessup Donor

5. I would like a list of pedophile Pastor's. Probably just as long.

Throw in a list for the prosperity gospel carnival barkers and the gig may be exposed though “The Profits of Religion” should have done the trick long ago. One more list with my name on it, not a problem.

Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity. End ALL occupations and bring the troops home.
  • HIP56948 (1629 posts)
    Profile photo of HIP56948 Donor

6. I'll sign up for it, using Stickitupyourignorantass.

• NobodysFool (52 posts)
    Profile photo of NobodysFool

8. Living Water internet church, huh?

Doesn’t Preacher Mike realize that the internet is the devil’s tool?

Removing tongue from my cheek to add that the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society is now JW.org. And that is ironic, all things considered.

• MsConduct (163 posts)
    Profile photo of MsConduct

9. I'd prefer a national registry

for a**holes.  They are the only people I have a problem with.

Sorry if this is too crude, couldn’t resist

AKA: Faux pas