This group is a place that provides opportunities for people of all faiths, spiritual leanings and non-belief to discuss religious topics and events in a positive and civil manner, with an emphasis on tolerance. Criticisms of individual beliefs or non-belief, or debates about the existence of higher power(s) are are allowed, but must be identified as such in the title. JPR rules still apply for this group.
Please read before posting.
Please read before posting.
The admin(s) of the this group have decided that while this is, strictly speaking, a “safe-haven” for non-believers of all stripes only, it should remain a welcoming and friendly environment for all those who participate.
To this end, those who break the spirit of progressive thought may be blocked from posting in the this group. This includes actions that are racist, sexist, homophobic, ageist, hateful, or otherwise violate that spirit.
so far from heaven, Golden Thunder, mr blur and 21 otherstruebrit71, Joy of Fishes, Duppers, PeaceNow, kdmorris, CoboWowbo, Lost247365, Trouble, HIP56948, TM99, hifiguy, eridani, retrowire, mak3cats, Infact7, GivingItToYouStraight, ReTooled, Banned, DookDook, Haikugal, Idaho progressive like this
- Initial caveat: while the group is a safe-haven with its own set of guidelines, everyone posting in this group is subject to JPR rules.
- Discussing a JPRer’s private information is STRICTLY prohibited. (Note that an exception can be made if the JPRer brought the topic up themselves and you keep your comments limited to the thread in which the JPRer posted the private information).
- The admin(s) want to discourage negativity and encourage the promotion of the positive aspects of non-belief. If you read a good thread in this group, Rec it. If you encounter an atheist or agnostic in other areas of JPR that you don’t see in this group, invite them to join.
- There are certain terms that are considered offensive to the members of the this group. If you use these terms or insinuate them, you’ll be asked to self-edit. If you decline a self-edit, a mod/host will edit for you.. A few of these terms are: “fundamentalist atheist”; “evangelical atheist”; “scientism”; “atheist dogma”; “secular indoctrination”; etc. Also if you like to refer to atheism or agnosticism as a “religion”, don’t.
- As a Progressive community, we don’t tolerate conservative viewpoints. Expressing those viewpoints is likely to get you blocked from this group and eventually kicked off JPR.
- If you make this group suck, you risk being blocked.
- While as Progressives, we’re pretty tolerant, we’re not tolerant of religion apologists.
- Criticisms of individual beliefs or non-belief, or debates about the existence of higher power(s) are are allowed, but must be identified as such in the title.
"I grew up with six brothers. That's how I learned to dance - waiting to get into the bathroom." -Bob Hope
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.