• Site changes

Site will be down for an hour overnight (Mon/Tue) for an hour, some significant "behind the scenes" server changes happening. If all goes well, you'll see nothing different tomorrow except for faster speed and encrypted connections (HTTPS). Not sure of exact timing.

Canada

Home Canada

Trudeau and family were New Year’s guests of the Aga Khan on his private Bahamas

• arikara (861 posts)
    Profile photo of arikara Donor

Trudeau and family were New Year’s guests of the Aga Khan on his private Bahamas

Trudeau and family were New Year’s guests of the Aga Khan on his private Bahamas island

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, his family and a few friends spent the New Year as the guest of the Aga Khan on the religious leader’s private island in the Bahamas, the National Post has learned.

The Aga Khan, who is the spiritual guide of the world’s 15 million Ismaili Muslims, has been a friend of the Trudeau family for years, beginning with Pierre Trudeau.

“Canada has come to share a close relationship with the Aga Khan and bestowed honorary citizenship on him in 2009,” Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said in a statement issued Dec. 13 on the occasion of the Aga Khan’s 80th birthday. “I am proud to call His Highness both a mentor and friend. He has shown time and time again that no matter our faith, where we were born, what colour is our skin, or what language we speak, we are equal members of this world.

The Aga Khan also has long ties to Canada, including having the distinction of being the only faith leader to ever speak to a joint session of the House of Commons and Senate. He did that in 2014 at the invitation of former prime minister Stephen Harper.

…more…

http://www.vancouversun.com/news/national/trudeau+family+were+year+guests+khan+private+bahamas/12653094/story.html

Shlabotnik, Mom Cat, Eggar like this

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Shlabotnik (467 posts)
    Profile photo of Shlabotnik Donor

1. Trudeau returns from island vacay with souvenir ethics investigation

OTTAWA – A well-rested and freshly dreamy Prime Minister Trudeau returned from an island vacation in the Bahamas Monday with that “new controversy smell” after purchasing an ethics investigation he spotted in a roadside bodega.

“I knew immediately I had to have it,” said Trudeau, known for his collection of minor scandals and contrition-themed wall tchotchke. “I was just about to buy a ‘Suns Out Buns Out’ t-shirt, but when I saw the free helicopter ride from a billionaire religious leader, my eyes just lit up like a kid in a professional conduct review board.” ….

More! at: https://www.thebeaverton.com/2017/01/trudeau-returns-island-vacay-souvenir-ethics-investigation/

~ All Good things are Wild and Free ~
    • arikara (861 posts)
      Profile photo of arikara Donor

2. LOL!