Canada

Home Canada

'We don't have dialogue with liars': Trudeau heckled by crowd at young workers'

• Shlabotnik (439 posts)
    Profile photo of Shlabotnik Donor

'We don't have dialogue with liars': Trudeau heckled by crowd at young workers'

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau faced off with a room of angry protesters today who were venting their frustrations over everything from pipelines to the failed federal payroll system.

Some of the participants turned their backs on Trudeau in protest during the “armchair discussion” event at the Canadian Labour Congress National Young Workers Summit in Ottawa.

“Honour your promises!” hollered some in the crowd, as event moderators tried to keep the peace.

“We don’t have dialogue with liars!”

“Shame! Shame!”

Trudeau attempted to keep calm and urged people to engage in conversation rather than a war of words that “reflects poorly” on the crowd.

“I will tell you, it is a little bit frustrating for me to come in, sit down and look forward to hearing from you and talking with you, and seeing a room full of people who are standing in a way that shows they are not listening to me, that you don’t want to engage,” he said.

From: http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/trudeau-protesters-young-workers-event-1.3820153

LOL! If its not a fawning, friendly photo-op, then by Trudeau’s reasoning dissent ‘reflects poorly’ upon those who are aggrieved. Sad that many of those saps in that room probably voted for him. Oh well, maybe they’ll learn.

xynthee, MrMickeysMom, alcina and 1 otherHaikugal like this
    ~ All Good things are Wild and Free ~

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• arikara (848 posts)
    Profile photo of arikara Donor

1. I heard this on the radio today

and thought it was pretty funny. The poor laddie likes being a celebrity, not having people turn their backs on him.