• Site changes

Site will be down for an hour overnight (Mon/Tue) for an hour, some significant "behind the scenes" server changes happening. If all goes well, you'll see nothing different tomorrow except for faster speed and encrypted connections (HTTPS). Not sure of exact timing.

Canada

Home Canada

Woman launches lawsuit against Canadian vibrator maker

• arikara (861 posts)
    Profile photo of arikara Donor

Woman launches lawsuit against Canadian vibrator maker

TORONTO — An American woman has launched a proposed class-action lawsuit against the Canadian-owned maker of a smartphone-enabled vibrator, alleging the company sells products that secretly collect and transmit “highly sensitive” information.

The Chicago-area woman, identified in a statement of claim only as N.P., has made her complaints against Standard Innovation (US) Corp., which is owned by the Ottawa-based Standard Innovation Corp, over a “high-end” vibrator called the We-Vibe.

The lawsuit, which was filed earlier this month in an Illinois court, explains that to fully operate the device, users download the We-Connect app on a smartphone, allowing them and their partners remote control over the Bluetooth-equipped vibrator’s settings.

In particular, the app’s “connect lover” feature — which promises a secure connection — allows partners to exchange text messages, conduct video chats and control a paired We-Vibe device, the woman’s statement of claim said.

…more…

http://www.lfpress.com/2016/09/14/woman-launches-lawsuit-against-canadian-vibrator-maker

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Shlabotnik (467 posts)
    Profile photo of Shlabotnik Donor

1. Wow. Every frontier exists only to be exploited

Still I lol’d.

~ All Good things are Wild and Free ~
    • arikara (861 posts)

2. Only in Canada, you say?

That is actually the most icky uses for technology that I have ever heard of.  And I don’t suppose it will end there either.

• ConcernedCanuk (804 posts)
      Profile photo of Dave Donor

3. I think that is hilarious . . .

Just wait – someone will get charged with “remote rape” because they forgot they were using the remote/smart vibrator, then get a “call” . . . 

:rofl:

We are a silly species . . . 

CC

Why is it when we get older, we can remember the tiniest details from our youth, but not where we put our reading glasses 30 seconds ago?
      • arikara (861 posts)

4. I think the whole thing is pretty bloody funny too

smart vibrator… “remote rape” LOL