• password reset

If you can't login and are having problems with the password reset http://jackpineradicals.com/boards/topic/if-you-are-having-problems-changing-your-password/

Canada

Home Canada

Woman launches lawsuit against Canadian vibrator maker

• arikara (797 posts)
    Profile photo of arikara Donor

Woman launches lawsuit against Canadian vibrator maker

TORONTO — An American woman has launched a proposed class-action lawsuit against the Canadian-owned maker of a smartphone-enabled vibrator, alleging the company sells products that secretly collect and transmit “highly sensitive” information.

The Chicago-area woman, identified in a statement of claim only as N.P., has made her complaints against Standard Innovation (US) Corp., which is owned by the Ottawa-based Standard Innovation Corp, over a “high-end” vibrator called the We-Vibe.

The lawsuit, which was filed earlier this month in an Illinois court, explains that to fully operate the device, users download the We-Connect app on a smartphone, allowing them and their partners remote control over the Bluetooth-equipped vibrator’s settings.

In particular, the app’s “connect lover” feature — which promises a secure connection — allows partners to exchange text messages, conduct video chats and control a paired We-Vibe device, the woman’s statement of claim said.

…more…

http://www.lfpress.com/2016/09/14/woman-launches-lawsuit-against-canadian-vibrator-maker

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Shlabotnik (416 posts)
    Profile photo of Shlabotnik Donor

1. Wow. Every frontier exists only to be exploited

Still I lol’d.

~ All Good things are Wild and Free ~
    • arikara (797 posts)

2. Only in Canada, you say?

That is actually the most icky uses for technology that I have ever heard of.  And I don’t suppose it will end there either.

• ConcernedCanuk (775 posts)
      Profile photo of Dave Donor

3. I think that is hilarious . . .

Just wait – someone will get charged with “remote rape” because they forgot they were using the remote/smart vibrator, then get a “call” . . . 

:rofl:

We are a silly species . . . 

CC

Why is it when we get older, we can remember the tiniest details from our youth, but not where we put our reading glasses 30 seconds ago?
      • arikara (797 posts)

4. I think the whole thing is pretty bloody funny too

smart vibrator… “remote rape” LOL