Cannabis on JPR

Home Cannabis on JPR

A cannabis marketing company is bringing pot parties to the elderly

• N2Doc (2267 posts)
    Profile photo of N2Doc Donor

A cannabis marketing company is bringing pot parties to the elderly

In April 2015, Carrie Tice was despairing over her 80-year-old mother’s advancing Alzheimer’s when a caregiver at her senior center in California recommended giving her a topical dose of marijuana. Many other drugs had failed, but the marijuana made her feel better immediately. She was more alert, more active and looked younger. By October last year, she had moved out of the senior center, and this year she moved in with her daughter in Mill Valley.

“The change in my mom was so remarkable that I wanted to shout it from the mountaintops,” Tice said. “She seemed 10 years younger after 20 minutes, and was happy.”

The experience inspired Tice to quit her job of 20 years at video game software maker Ubisoft and found a company that would supply marijuana to seniors, helping them navigate the state’s intimidating medical marijuana system. Since April 2015, Octavia, as the company was first called, has helped older seniors get doctor recommendations online and order weed products to ease their pain and help them sleep.

more

http://qz.com/850914/a-cannabis-marketing-company-is-bringing-pot-parties-to-the-elderly/

Enthusiast, 7wo7rees, KarenS and 3 othersalcina, Viva la Revolution, Sadie like this
    "But nothing ever changes unless there's some pain" - Tears For Fears "Goodnight Song"

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Sadie (2946 posts)
    Profile photo of Sadie Donor

1. I have been trying to get

my 78 year old mom, to try the oil.  She has a touch of dementia and some arthritis.

Wake up, peeps, their kids go to Harvard and Yale; your kids go to Iraq & Afghanistan.   
    • Sadie (2946 posts)
      Profile photo of Sadie Donor

2. She will not take any

pharma.  Even her BP meds.  It is understandable, but still scary.

Wake up, peeps, their kids go to Harvard and Yale; your kids go to Iraq & Afghanistan.   
  • eridani (1429 posts)
    Profile photo of eridani Donor

3. Seattle's Ganja Goddess has a 20% senior discount every Wednesday

1st Avenue South in the SODO district.

You've heard of the Good Witch of the North and the Wicked Witch of the West, right?  I'm the Morally Ambiguous Witch of the Northwest.