Cannabis on JPR

Home Cannabis on JPR

Curing. A 62% question.

• elias39 (1919 posts)
    Profile photo of elias39 Donor

Curing. A 62% question.

62% seems to be the consensus ideal humidity level for storing your flowers. And it worked well for me with my crop of 2015. I was still able to enjoy 2015’s harvest well into this fall.

But I’ve found that level of humidity or moistness too much for vaping. I have a KandyPen that simply can’t handle it. Even for pipe smoking, I’m beginning to take a bud or two from a jar and leave it out in the air and take it as I want it. And slightly drier.

So, for long term storage, I can’t argue with: dark, cool and 62.

For tonight’s enjoyment: air-dried beforehand.

Enthusiast likes this
    “Name, no, nothing is nameable, tell, no, nothing can be told, what then, I don't know, I shouldn't have begun.” ― Samuel Beckett, Stories and Texts for Nothing

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Jan Boehmermann (1611 posts)
    Profile photo of Jan Boehmermann Donor

1. The level of humidity/moisture should have no effect with vaping…..

If your vape device delivers the required temperature, things should work out.

Don’t know why moisture would be a problem.

But I’m not a vape expert.

• elias39 (1919 posts)
      Profile photo of elias39 Donor

2. Well the moisture in the flowers turns into steam, you might sa,y at 212.

At least that’s how I’ve always thought of it. I forget the primary temps for the various effects and so forth with vaporizers but for argument’s sake, let’s pretend we’re doing a 320 degree pull. That dry, hot air that you pull into the chamber must be cooled pretty quickly by water being vaporized. And so the vegetable matter doesn’t get reduced to ‘ash’.

Heck, I’ve rolled joints from too-fresh herb that was hard to burn with a Zippo. Won’t smoke!

“Name, no, nothing is nameable, tell, no, nothing can be told, what then, I don't know, I shouldn't have begun.” ― Samuel Beckett, Stories and Texts for Nothing