• password reset

If you can't login and are having problems with the password reset http://jackpineradicals.com/boards/topic/if-you-are-having-problems-changing-your-password/

Cannabis on JPR

Home Cannabis on JPR

Four hits per day is enough to help someone with severe chronic pain???

• GreedKills (449 posts)
    Profile photo of GreedKills

Four hits per day is enough to help someone with severe chronic pain???

At $170 a month that is all I “can afford” in NYS. I was told to take one hit every four hours and that was useless. I take all those hits at night within a two hour period and it does help with sleep and spasms but nothing for the neuropathic pain. During the day I just try not to move around much.  BTW I have tried two products out of three available, tinctures and now vap. I also tried different THC/CBD combos. BTW tinctures was close to $300 a month. Nothing has touched my pain I was wondering what you guys think about the dosage.

Enthusiast, Mom Cat, Haikugal and 1 otherSadie like this
    We could of had people in the street celebrating a Sanders victory...........  #FreeJulian

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

▼ Hide Reply Index
30 replies
  • 2 months ago #1
  • 1 month ago #30
    • Sadie (2693 posts)
      Profile photo of Sadie Donor

1. Are you using the

concentrate or dabs?

Wake up, peeps, their kids go to Harvard and Yale; your kids go to Iraq & Afghanistan.   
      • GreedKills (449 posts)

5. Here in NYS

And the dispensary I go to only has tinctures, vapor and now a pill form which I have not tried because I need a doctor to authorize the prescription. The vape is an oil so I imagine that is what you mean by concentrate???

We could of had people in the street celebrating a Sanders victory...........  #FreeJulian
    • elias39 (1943 posts)
      Profile photo of elias39 Donor

2. 4 hits a day won't do much for chronic pain.

For one thing, smoking effects generally won’t last more than a couple of hours. I would recommend edibles for longer-term relief.

I’ve had outstanding results with edibles treating my arthritis. IDK about neuropathic pain. That can be a bitch. I wish I’d had some of my cookies when I had a bout with shingles 3 years ago…That would be a helluva test.

“Name, no, nothing is nameable, tell, no, nothing can be told, what then, I don't know, I shouldn't have begun.” ― Samuel Beckett, Stories and Texts for Nothing
      • GreedKills (449 posts)

6. No edibles here

no growing or smoking either in NYS.

• Potone (291 posts)
      Profile photo of Potone Donor

3. OK, you need to tell us more.

Where are you having pain, and what specific products have you tried? Have you tried the web application Leafly for information on different strains? It is very helpful on what works for different medical conditions. If NYS is a medical marijuana only state, that will limit your choices, but you should be able to find something that will give you relief. One hit every four hours won’t do anything for you, unless it is a very high THC strain, and that will just make you incapable of getting anything done.

• GreedKills (449 posts)

7. My pain is throughout my

body. I have had shunt surgery, neck surgery, three lower back surgeries, broke two vertebrates and three ribs near my spine in a car accident long ago, hydrocephalus, stenosis of the spine in three areas, arthritis in my knees and back, severe degenerative disc disease which has caused not just bone spurs throughout my entire spine but also caused vacuum phenomenon in two of the lower discs. I still suffer from daily headaches on top of all that. I forgot to add in my OP I vape a 20-1 THC I tried high a CBD in both vape and tincture and it was not helpful. I was thinking of trying a high CBD in pill form but need approval from the doctor which I only saw once to get my card.

• Potone (291 posts)

11. God, I am sorry.

That sounds terrible. I think the suggestion below about the combination of Blue Widow and ACDC sounds like it might be very helpful, if you can get it. Granddaddy Purple is also one that is good for pain at night.

I really wish that I could be more helpful; but I do think that Leafly and another website called Weedmaps may be of use to you.

Our cannabis laws are so stupid, and if Jeff Sessions is confirmed as Attorney General I really fear for the future of legal cannabis in this country. It has helped so many people that it would be a real shame if that source of extremely useful medicine will be once again denied to everyone who needs it.

I wish you the best of luck, and let us know how it goes for you.

• GreedKills (449 posts)

25. Thank you for

the reply.

• litlbilly (21 posts)
      Profile photo of litlbilly

4. Where is NYS? I live in Oregon where all that stuff is legal

I just made 42 grams of RSO, its about 75% thc and less than 1% cbd.   Working on the dosage too but you have to work up to it.   As far as costs go, I made the oil from 2 plant clones and got about 1/2 pound and that produced the 42 grams.  Total cost was about 900 for everything.  Planters, plant food, lights etc.  Not too bad for a rookie.

• GreedKills (449 posts)

8. Long Island

NYS has one of the most restrictive MMJ programs.

• Sadie (2693 posts)

9. I have a good friend

in Long Island she smokes, but also has to take the RSO concentrate at night.  Sometimes sublingually or by suppository.  I use a combo of Red Maeng Da kratom w/ RSO for very good pain relief.  I also use by suppository on top of the sublingual.

I am so sorry, for what you are suffering.  The best that I have found for pain is a combo of Blue Widow/ACDC and it is a 1:1.

Wake up, peeps, their kids go to Harvard and Yale; your kids go to Iraq & Afghanistan.   
          • Sadie (2693 posts)

10. I forgot to add

when you use by suppository, you don’t suffer the extreme head high that comes with ingesting/smoking.

• GreedKills (449 posts)

24. I have no connections so

I’m at the mercy of NYS and the laws here.

• Sebastopolitan (417 posts)
      Profile photo of Sebastopolitan Banned

12. You may need opiates. Sorry.

Medical marijuana works for some people with chronic pain, but not all and not necessarily completely.

Opiates remain the most effective pain killers, but have well-known serious downsides. Your call.

• GreedKills (449 posts)

22. This is what I have been trying

to have people understand. Opiates did not take all my pain away but it did allow me to function somewhat. I believe a combo of both MJ and an opioid would help many.

• spud demon (571 posts)
      Profile photo of spud demon Donor

13. Growing your own is cheaper.

I know, you’d be risking arrest because Big Pharma isn’t getting their cut.

For two cabinets, each with 100 Watts of LED bulbs in them, one on a 12-hour timer and the other always-on, your electricity cost would be $16.20 per month  (based on 0.15 / KW-hr).  Add a little more for fans.

Cubs, Google+, Weird Al, BMW
      • B Calm (570 posts)
        Profile photo of B Calm

15. Where can I buy those growing cabinets, lights, etc for the cheapest price?

“When I was a kid growing up, I think my instincts always were for the underdog.” – Bernie Sanders    
        • spud demon (571 posts)

16. I don't know where they sell them pre-made.

Possibly in states where it’s legal to grow your own?  (District of Columbia, for one.)

You can also buy regular cabinets and install cheap light fixtures in them.  Use LED bulbs.  You get more “floor space” for your plants if the fan isn’t on the same shelf as the plants.  You can either cut large holes to let the wind through or look for wire-mesh shelves.

FYI:  The reason you need two is so you can have one flowering while the other one is growing new plants from cuttings.  The flowering light should be 12 hours per day, and the darkness should be as dark as possible (no light leaking from the other cabinet).

• B Calm (570 posts)
            Profile photo of B Calm

17. After I posted, I did it.

“When I was a kid growing up, I think my instincts always were for the underdog.” – Bernie Sanders    
            • spud demon (571 posts)

18. My browser posted that one before I was done typing. See the edit. nt

• B Calm (570 posts)
                Profile photo of B Calm

19. Thanks, I live in an illegal state.

I have a lot of space in the upstairs attic of my garage.  I don’t know if it would get too hot up there, but early spring to early summer I’m sure I could pull off a successful harvest.

• spud demon (571 posts)

20. Basement is less visible to infared scopes in helicopters

If you’re just doing a one-off, you can use just one cabinet.  But your harvest will have seeds, unless a friend has supplied you with known-female cuttings.

The point of having plants in two different phases of growth is so you can start the flowering process in one set (which normally leads to the death of the plant) while growing fresh cuttings you know are female in the other.  To keep this going, you can’t take a break.  If you do, you have to start again, either from seeds or borrowed cuttings.

• Jan Boehmermann (1649 posts)
      Profile photo of Jan Boehmermann Donor

14. Suggest you talk to a licensed MD in the NYS Medical Marijuana Program

https://www.health.ny.gov/publications/1065.pdf

If you are already a patient in the NYS MMJ program and the prescribed medication is not working, I would ask the doctor what options you have to obtain proper pain control that is effective.

• GreedKills (449 posts)

21. I have

but thanks for the advice.

• Jan Boehmermann (1649 posts)
          Profile photo of Jan Boehmermann Donor

23. Second opinion?

Another Doctor?

• GreedKills (449 posts)

26. I have been to many

doctors over the years since my chronic pain began in the early 90s. It’s seems that the more ailments I endure over the years doctors tend to be dismissive and offer no solutions. That is one of the reasons I stopped taking opioids three years ago. Right now my pain is taking a great toll on me since for some reason during this time of year my Hydrocephalus gets crazy but the doctors don’t believe that is true.  My whole body goes through hell and the neuropathic pain increases around this time of year and that is why I am ranting a bit more as of late. Tell you the truth I’m tired of going to doctor after doctor with no answers nor relief and that has only gotten worse since my neck collapsed which in turn caused the hydro. Sorry if I’ve been rude I’m just not in a good place right now but wanted to reply to everyone who took the time to read and reply to my OP.

• GreedKills (449 posts)

27. BTW this what we have available in NYS

Per State of New York regulations, approved forms of medical marijuana include liquids and oil for vaporization or administration via inhaler as well as capsules to take orally. Under the law, smoking is not permitted.

We currently have two types of products available. Click here for details on our product offerings.

Sublingual tincture is a liquid placed underneath the tongue with an eyedropper. We have sublingual tincture in four different THC:CBD formulations: 20T:1C, 1T:1C, 1T:2C, and 1T:20C.
      Vaporization products, which enable patients to inhale the vaporized medication. We have vaporization products in three different formulations of THC:CBD. We have this product in a 20T:1C, 1T:1C, and 1T:20C THC:CBD ratios.

Just though I would add the products available to let others know.

• Potone (291 posts)

28. If I were you…

I would try the 1T:1C and see how that goes. Vaporization is the best way to absorb CBD; tinctures are the least effective way. I just learned that yesterday, from an article I read on Leafly.

I wish you all the best; I am so grateful to be in a state where it is legal across the board, and I don’t have to go through the rigamarole of getting an official medical card in order to get what helps me.

• roody (46 posts)
      Profile photo of roody

29. I suggest a N. California connection.

Or any other good place.

• potisok (15 posts)
      Profile photo of potisok Donor

30. As needed

Was fortunate enough to be able to move (Colorado) where I can grow my own. A high THC content and smoke as needed w/Tramadol has helped with my severe chronic pain. They complement each other, with out the combination the pot works, just not as well and the same is true of the Tramadol, it helps just not as much. The grow system’s mentioned above are available at most supply houses or EBay, you can purchase feminized seeds (work about 90%) discretely on line also. Best wishes with pain controll, it all helps, my pain has never gone away completely and never sleeps. Hope my babble helps.