Cannabis on JPR

Home Cannabis on JPR

Marijuana becomes legal in Maine

• N2Doc (2487 posts)
    Profile photo of N2Doc Donor

Marijuana becomes legal in Maine

Maine on Monday becomes the eighth state in the nation to allow adults over the age of 21 to possess and consume marijuana for recreational purposes.

Maine joins six Western states and neighboring Massachusetts in allowing recreational pot, after voters narrowly passed a ballot measure in November. Adults will be allowed to possess up to two and a half ounces of marijuana, and to grow up to 18 plants at home.

“Responsible adult marijuana consumers will no longer be harassed and treated like criminals,” said David Boyer, who ran the campaign to legalize pot last year. “Police will be able to spend more time addressing serious crimes rather than punishing adults for using a substance that is safer than alcohol.”

more

http://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/316829-marijuana-becomes-legal-in-maine

Pastiche, BiaviiansGalore, Enthusiast and 6 othersViva la Revolution, Mom Cat, spud demon, djean111, Punxsutawney, ZimInSeattle like this
    "But nothing ever changes unless there's some pain" - Tears For Fears "Goodnight Song"

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

▼ Hide Reply Index
9 replies
  • ZimInSeattle (220 posts)
    Profile photo of ZimInSeattle Donor

1. Welcome to the club Maine! I'm sure the naysayers will STFU when all

the tax dollars start rolling in.

"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable" - JFK | Bernie would have WON! | “The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness" - J.K. Galbraith
    • Jan Boehmermann (2415 posts)
      Profile photo of Jan Boehmermann Donor

3. And the tax dollars will be rolling in soon!

“New taxes on marijuana products are expected to begin generating revenue for the cash-strapped state in short order. Maine’s Office of Fiscal and Program Review estimated marijuana products would generate $2.8 million in fiscal year 2017-2018, and more than $10 million in subsequent years.”

• NV Wino (2293 posts)
    Profile photo of NV Wino Donor

2. Yay!

One small step for potheads. One giant leap for mankind.

Don't blame me. I voted for Bernie and Jill.
  • elias39 (2397 posts)
    Profile photo of elias39 Donor

4. How will that work? 18 plants will exceed the 2 1/2 ozs at harvest!

“Adults will be allowed to possess up to two and a half ounces of marijuana, and to grow up to 18 plants at home.”

“Name, no, nothing is nameable, tell, no, nothing can be told, what then, I don't know, I shouldn't have begun.” ― Samuel Beckett, Stories and Texts for Nothing

5. Maybe they allow for some "crop loss"………

Or allow the grower to determine the sex of the plant.

I think 18 plants is reasonable.

• FanBoy (6257 posts)
        Profile photo of FanBoy

6. maybe they still want to be able to raid ya

• elias39 (2397 posts)

7. I know. Perfect sting.

About the time the plants are 2′ tall, you’ve gone over the limit. BAMM.

“Name, no, nothing is nameable, tell, no, nothing can be told, what then, I don't know, I shouldn't have begun.” ― Samuel Beckett, Stories and Texts for Nothing

8. I don't think they count all the vegative weight of the plant.

Just the buds.  At least that’s what I would hope they do.

But I remember the old days when the PO would pull three plants, report the entire weight of the plants and claim they made a bust worth a million dollars street value. 

• elias39 (2397 posts)

9. I remember that , too.

They’d even weigh the clod of dirt hanging on the roots.