Cannabis on JPR

Home Cannabis on JPR

So far MJ is doing well at the polls

• N2Doc (2481 posts)
    Profile photo of N2Doc Donor

So far MJ is doing well at the polls

Still waiting on Az and Maine.

eridani, Enthusiast, B Calm and 4 othersPastiche, Jan Boehmermann, Sadie, Inlander like this
    "But nothing ever changes unless there's some pain" - Tears For Fears "Goodnight Song"

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

▼ Hide Reply Index
7 replies
  • Sadie (3050 posts)
    Profile photo of Sadie Donor

1. Love to see

this.  Please, please stop the WOD.  #freetheplant

Wake up, peeps, their kids go to Harvard and Yale; your kids go to Iraq & Afghanistan.   
  • Inlander (31 posts)
    Profile photo of Inlander Banned

2. WA state voters previously approved mmj- now the Liquor and Kkkannabis

Board has changed the laws. The racist Democrats got rid of most of the dispensaries, changed the laws so their white donors can make money yet they can still jail black folks. The underground market is still thriving and healthy, so I don’t use their stores unless I am in the mood for a gram of something different, but they aren’t gonna stay open on those. I’ve also made it a point not to pay taxes on anything I can avoid, and since we live near the border Idaho is the beneficiary.

The evil scumbags keeping this war going in this most blue of blue states can kiss my ass.

Dear reader, a note: Just because your laws have been changed so people can hold their heads up today, don’t get too complacent. Your enemies are just getting warmed up.

The Failed Promise of Legal Pot

Asking to be identified only by his initials, D.C., one of the young men on the corner, breaks it down. Business has fallen since the law passed, but enough people think they can score a bargain, or simply don’t trust the shiny new stores, to keep things moving. The police know about it—they always have—and they still bust dealers. Sometimes they do sweeps, D.C. says, referring to a well-publicized raid downtown. The cops are definitely more relaxed about it, he says, but sometimes they still show up and bust whoever’s around.

A few days later, the corner is empty. The reason is a Ford SUV, painted black, blue, and white, idling at the curb a few feet away; a police officer’s arm hangs out the window as he surveys the faces passing by. A few hours later he is gone, and the crowd is back. Mostly, the crowd is black. Mostly, the cops who will bust them are white. Mostly, on the corner it’s hard to see how anything was changed by a movement that aimed to change everything.

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/05/legal-pot-and-the-black-market/481506/

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/06/04/race-marijuana/2389677/
    Marijuana arrests more likely for African Americans

WASHINGTON (AP) — Black people are arrested for possessing marijuana at a higher rate than white people, even though marijuana use by both races is about the same, the reports in a new study.

The analysis of federal crime data, released Tuesday, found marijuana arrest rates for blacks were 3.73 times greater than those for whites nationally in 2010. In some counties, the arrest rate was 10 to 30 times greater for blacks.

http://www.alternet.org/drugs/michelle-alexander-white-men-get-rich-legal-pot-black-men-stay-prison

http://www.alternet.org/drugs/arrest-drug-possession-every-25-seconds-new-report-exposes-americas-ugly-side

• Jan Boehmermann (2409 posts)
    Profile photo of Jan Boehmermann Donor

3. Maine…YES!

AZ….no! 

• N2Doc (2481 posts)
      Profile photo of N2Doc Donor

5. Still a great showing

Places on the Az-Ca border like Needles are gonna start doing a lot of biz, I think….

"But nothing ever changes unless there's some pain" - Tears For Fears "Goodnight Song"
      • Jan Boehmermann (2409 posts)
        Profile photo of Jan Boehmermann Donor

7. When Colorado passed personal use, Kansas tried to sue.

Claimed they had incurred more costs enforcing crackdown on cannabis coming from CO and wanted compensation.

They got NOTHING!

AZ voters will smarten up ……. eventually.

• Go Vols (88 posts)
    Profile photo of Go Vols Donor

4. One call from Trump

and all in Fed. law.

:/

Obama says he'd be seen as moderate Republican in 1980s
  • B Calm (681 posts)
    Profile photo of B Calm

6. Now that my state Indiana got rid of Pence, maybe we could go in the

right direction some day.

“When I was a kid growing up, I think my instincts always were for the underdog.” – Bernie Sanders