Computers and Technology

Home Computers and Technology

Hotmail:Time for them to do something about "address not vaild"?

• Paper Roses (193 posts)
    Profile photo of Paper Roses Donor

Hotmail:Time for them to do something about "address not vaild"?

I have 2 email addresses. One is private, only my family has the address. The second—Hotmail— has everything else. I am now deluged with junk stuff. Most I can block but–damn—There are so many that I try to block and it comes up “address is not valid”. Cannot block them. This has been happening the past few months. Many come from banking and financial institutions, a lot seem to be from the UK. It seems to me that there should be a way for the fine folks at “Hotmail” to block, or allow us to block these “not a valid” address”. As it stands now, I mark them as junk..then when I go to junk,I cannot block them. Only option is to delete. Next day, more of this same junk stuff.

Also, I am receiving other email  that is junk but as I try to block them, I get the message, “you cannot block your own address. Don’t have any idea how to cope with either situation.I would appreciate any ideas.  I am computer illiterate so I have no idea what to do except scream!! Do I have to change this  email address? I have no idea how many valid people or  have businesses have this address. I have used it for years for various things. This makes me scream. I’m too old for this stuff!

Any ideas will be appreciated.

PADemD likes this

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• hippiechick (1309 posts)
    Profile photo of hippiechick Donor

1. Close it & open a new one?

:shrug:

• Mnpaul (687 posts)
    Profile photo of Mnpaul Donor

2. I would start by changing your email password

and check your computer for malware.

If you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything - Hamilton
  • FanBoy (5669 posts)
    Profile photo of FanBoy

3. they don't want to block it — we're being moved to pay for email, haven't

you caught on?  that’s why yahoo’s supposedly suffered “the biggest hack in history” etc.  they want us to PAY to be data-mined now.  It’s not just enough to steal from us — we’re gonna pay for the privilege.  just 20 short years and now we *gotta* have an email to do a lot of our business — and it’s gonna get worse.