Computers and Technology

Home Computers and Technology

I'm sending this email to 'Hotmail'.

• Paper Roses (200 posts)
    Profile photo of Paper Roses Donor

I'm sending this email to 'Hotmail'.

I doubt there will be a reply or ANY ATTENTION BUT I’M SICK OF THIS SITUATION. ABOUT READY TO SWITCH TO ‘GMAIL’. ANY ADVICE?

To Hotmail:

It is long past time that ‘Hotmail’ address the issue of the emails we receive that we cannot block.
    The reply when I try to block certain junk mail tells me that I cannot block, “senders address is not valid. This action cannot be performed because the senders address(whatever it is)—-is not valid”:.
    Please address this issue. We should not deluged with this junk stuff that cannot be blocked.

There are other issues that have arisen. I cannot block some emails that indicate that they originate from my own address. What is this about and how can I stop it?

PS, sorry for the Caps, my goof but…it expresses how I feel.

PADemD, caliny, Marym625 like this

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Silver Witch (3622 posts)
    Profile photo of Silver Witch Donor

1. Good luck my friend.

Gmail has its issues too. I use both regularly and find both to have strengths. For example the folder feature in Gmail for me is a nightmare.  You move things but really they remain in thee all emails or sent emails and then when cleaning I sometimes throw away things I wanted to save. And flagging in hotmail rocks IMHO.

I do get way less junk mail in Gmail but that be because I only use if when looking for work and it is not affiliated with my social media.

Good luck. Let us know if they reply.

You can only protect your liberties in this world by protecting the other man's freedom. You can only be free if I am free. ~ Clarence Darrow
  • Rocco (537 posts)
    Profile photo of Rocco Donor

2. Learn to live with it

They all suck or blow, depending on your perspective.

All these mass email servers have their advantages and disadvantages. I have been on many of them for YEARS, and find that none of them can filter out ALL the spam.