• War.

The ClintonDNC prefers war instead of quietly retiring with the 99%'s cash. Let's give 'em war, good and hard.

Jackpine Pets

Home Jackpine Pets

A Thanksgiving story with Jewels

• NVBirdlady (3763 posts)
    Profile photo of NVBirdlady Donor

A Thanksgiving story with Jewels

My Quaker, Jewels, came to be part of the family in October 2002. This is the bird in my avatar. He had just gotten home in October, and my husband had to fly back to Montana for an unexpected funeral. He and I stayed in Nevada and further bonded.

When November rolled around, we fixed a Thanksgiving dinner with all the fixings. My husband had returned from Montana by then. Jewels ate turkey, and mashed potatoes. Then he settled in my hand, upside down and took a nap. It was such a sweet moment with him. After that, he will go upside in my hand and take a nap. I usually use the moment to preen feathers too.

He is upside in my hand right now! He is one of the most amazing birds ever. :hug:

I am so thankful for him.

Enthusiast, LiberalElite, Haikugal and 5 others, broiles, Land of Enchantment, Jan Boehmermann, formercia like this
    President Trump. Thanks DNC, HRC, DWS. #StillSanders. #NoDAPL  #NoKXL Giant Meteor 2020

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• elias39 (2303 posts)
    Profile photo of elias39 Donor

1. Tryptophan? Maybe birds get tired, too.

“Name, no, nothing is nameable, tell, no, nothing can be told, what then, I don't know, I shouldn't have begun.” ― Samuel Beckett, Stories and Texts for Nothing
  • Land of Enchantment (4747 posts)
    Profile photo of Land of Enchantment Moderator

2. Jewels is indeed a rare gem.

"Hope is the feathered thing that perches in your heart." ~ Emily Dickinson  
    • Abakan (2150 posts)
      Profile photo of Abakan Donor

5. It didn't exceed any rules but if I delete a post the standard blurb comes up.

I have much to say, so I talk to birds. They are truly the only ones who listen.  
  • Content removed for violations of the community standards & guidelines
  • Content removed for violations of the community standards & guidelines