Jackpine Pets

Home Jackpine Pets

Have to share this..

• Haikugal (4653 posts)
    Profile photo of Haikugal Donor

Have to share this..

Sent in by a fan. This hen is taking care of two barn kittens during a thunderstorm . . . what great motherly instincts! :)

eridani, jwirr, SurrealAmerican and 19 othersPastiche, Enthusiast, Paper Roses, Judi Lynn, Abakan, Magical Thyme, elias39, Doremus Jessup, goodgirl, daleanime, Land of Enchantment, NV Wino, potisok, IdaBriggs, Silver Witch, Iwillnevergiveup, djean111, PennLawyer, Sadie like this
      Be the bird.....       Hey DNC! Up Yours! It's ON!!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

▼ Hide Reply Index
8 replies
  • 3 months ago #1
  • 3 months ago #4
  • 3 months ago #5
  • 3 months ago #7
  • 3 months ago #8
    • Sadie (3050 posts)
      Profile photo of Sadie Donor

1. I love this!

I grew up on a small farm and loved the chickens and barn kitties.

Wake up, peeps, their kids go to Harvard and Yale; your kids go to Iraq & Afghanistan.   
      • PennLawyer (1820 posts)
        Profile photo of PennLawyer Donor

2. My Grampa, a coal miner, also had a 2 acre "farm"

He & my Grandma had some apple trees and a vegetable garden.  She cooked and canned or froze  all their produce every year.  On his little patch of heaven, he also had a frog pond and a chicken coop.  Better than Disneyland for a kid.  I got to throw out handfuls of feed for the chickens, calling “chick! chick! chick!” and gather eggs.  A family story about the time Grampa & Dad took my older brother and me out and showed us how to dig up potatoes.  they had my brother start first and I burst into tears because surely he had dug up so many there would be none left for me.  I must have been about 6 years old, but I still remember that day clearly.

• Sadie (3050 posts)
          Profile photo of Sadie Donor

3. My grandparents

on both sides had small farms too.  My grandfather passed before I was born, but my grandmother ran a small grocer/gas pump/postoffice for a town so small that there were no stoplights.  We used to love to help pick wild plums for her to make homemade plum jam with.  She also canned all of her peaches, pears, and apples.  Love those memories.  :heart:

She was the hardest working woman that I have ever known.  She woke at 5:00 am and ran the store all by herself.  She had 5 children who all grew up and moved away.  Lived to be 93.  :heart:

Wake up, peeps, their kids go to Harvard and Yale; your kids go to Iraq & Afghanistan.   
    • goodgirl (2170 posts)
      Profile photo of goodgirl Donor

4. That is adorable!

Animals know how to love more than people sometimes.

Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind.    John F. Kennedy
    • Abakan (2192 posts)
      Profile photo of Abakan Donor

5. That's a keeper

I have much to say, so I talk to birds. They are truly the only ones who listen.  
    • Judi Lynn (4025 posts)
      Profile photo of Judi Lynn Donor

6. Wonderful. Thank you.

• Magical Thyme (2847 posts)
      Profile photo of Magical Thyme Donor

7. I love chickens

they are sweet, sweet birds. I farm sat for a friend once, several decades ago. Loved the chickens and the ducks!

• Enthusiast (5986 posts)
      Profile photo of Enthusiast Donor

8. Awww.

Those kitties will love chickens forever.  :hi:

"The NSA’s capability at any time could be turned around on the American people, and no American would have any privacy left, such is the capability to monitor everything. There would be no place to hide."  Frank Church