Jackpine Pets

Home Jackpine Pets

Jewels sleeping and relaxing in my hand

• NVBirdlady (3774 posts)
    Profile photo of NVBirdlady Donor

Jewels sleeping and relaxing in my hand

Sleeping

Judi Lynn, LaaDeeDaaVA, ThouArtThat and 16 othersazurnoir, Enthusiast, Calico, Sadie, Abakan, AlreadyInUse, Eggar, liberalbeforeitwaspopular, LiberalElite, Magical Thyme, nenagh, Deadpool, Land of Enchantment, Haikugal, Doremus Jessup, KarenS like this
    President Trump. Thanks DNC, HRC, DWS. #StillSanders. #NoDAPL  #NoKXL Giant Meteor 2020

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

▼ Hide Reply Index
17 replies
  • oldandhappy (2834 posts)
    Profile photo of oldandhappy Donor

1. Trust!

Fantastic!  Beautiful photo.

4. He trusts me completely. I've had him for 14 years since he was a baby.

He loves both myself and my husband. I’ve never seen him fall asleep in my husband’s hand but he will let him turn him upside down and kiss. He’s very sweet. He’s been doing this with me since November of 2002.

President Trump. Thanks DNC, HRC, DWS. #StillSanders. #NoDAPL  #NoKXL Giant Meteor 2020
  • Haikugal (4641 posts)
    Profile photo of Haikugal Donor

2. That's lovely ❤

Be the bird.....       Hey DNC! Up Yours! It's ON!!
  • Land of Enchantment (5116 posts)
    Profile photo of Land of Enchantment Moderator

3. Beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Hope is the feathered thing that perches in your heart." ~ Emily Dickinson  
  • FanBoy (6240 posts)
    Profile photo of FanBoy

5. sweet baby

• AlreadyInUse (1058 posts)
    Profile photo of AlreadyInUse

6. Do parakeets talk in their sleep?

• Magical Thyme (2847 posts)
      Profile photo of Magical Thyme Donor

7. I had a budgie that would sing in his sleep…

not in the deep sleeps overnight, but in afternoon naps he would tuck his beak and I’d hear his quiet little song coming from under his feathers. Kiwi was I believe my favorite bird ever. A beautiful sky-blue and yellow with a golden spirit that never left, even after his body failed him.

He was a rescue who was sick when I first got him. He recovered with help from a very good avian vet, but got sick again a couple years after I got him. A series of mishaps from the regular local vet clinic, where their best avian vet was on vacation, and too late to the top notch avian vet who was 1 1/2 hours away, and I lost him. His little spirit stayed close by for several years…I couldn’t sit quietly and read without his spirit serenading me, first alone and then accompanied by his mate. She had tried and ultimately succeeded in suicide after his loss. She had never been friendly, but their spirits joined immediately and I would see both of them winging about in my peripheral vision.

That was a couple decades ago, and I was thrilled not long ago when I was able to call them back while in meditation.

this poem came to me after his loss:

To Kiwi

Mighty winged warrior

of boundless grace and

everlasting song

too quick, flew through life

in my heart sings on

• Calico (390 posts)
        Profile photo of Calico Donor

11. That is so sweet… and sad

:cry:

• Eggar (1132 posts)
        Profile photo of Eggar Donor

15. Bittersweet & Heartbreaking

Thank you for Sharing & Caring

Help Reduce Propagating Thread Lag. Spay or Neuter your Gifs Over at: - https://ezgif.com/resizing - lots of other fun stuff to do there too

8. My Quaker doesn't make a peep when sleeping.

However, my other bird, Casey, a Green Cheek Conure, practices his full vocabulary at night, such as good bird, step up, stop, give me a kiss, Casey, what are you doing, etc. He has a large vocabulary and  goes on for a while during the night.

• Eggar (1132 posts)

16. So funny how some birds do that

I remember having some blue-front amazons that would practice their speech while drifting off for the night. The Caiques will chortle & purr winding down their days when the lights go off – Greys… Nah! they don’t need to dabble in such foolery

Help Reduce Propagating Thread Lag. Spay or Neuter your Gifs Over at: - https://ezgif.com/resizing - lots of other fun stuff to do there too

• Abakan (2183 posts)
    Profile photo of Abakan Donor

9. That is so good!!!

I just love birds! They are such great companions and jokers.

He is a sweetheart, NVBirdlady. Happy New Year…

I have much to say, so I talk to birds. They are truly the only ones who listen.  

10. Happy New Year Abakan!

Birds are amazing. I love them! Thanks, I’m lucky Jewels is a sweetheart. My GCC is a sweetheart as well in a different way. They have their own personalities! Incredible.

• Eggar (1132 posts)

13. Yes

They most certainly do, and yours looks to be a real character. Thanks for sharing.

Right now I just loaded up my balcony with a bunch of healthy cereal grains (more oat based) for the outdoor snow birdies – they seem to be very happy I did so.  I’ll have to get a raised feeder to avoid the ratters from attacking here soon.  Step by step for my new apartment. Was avoiding collecting anything until my situation gets more stable but that time seems to be coming soon – I hope.  Then I can go collect my Hap & John-John :)

On edit: Chances are I shall probably just rotate a bird or two from the 9 my mother still has snugged away in her small house at the East part of the State (ha, she used to have over 30 – hobby breeder, not professional, most outdoor with heated nestboxes & walk-through aviaries (fun building those).

Once the ice clears I’ll be venturing back out that way to at least be with the flock for a spell – You should hear it! They have a giant party when they see a lost flock member return. Even if it is just for a short visit :p

14. I bet. I know they are always have to see me and go through our ritual

greetings. 

• goodgirl (2167 posts)
    Profile photo of goodgirl Donor

12. So precious!

And beautiful!

Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind.    John F. Kennedy
  • Judi Lynn (4005 posts)
    Profile photo of Judi Lynn Donor

17. Beautiful.