• Site changes

Site will be down for an hour overnight (Mon/Tue) for an hour, some significant "behind the scenes" server changes happening. If all goes well, you'll see nothing different tomorrow except for faster speed and encrypted connections (HTTPS). Not sure of exact timing.

Jackpine Pets

Home Jackpine Pets

Sutter Brown, first dog of California, dead at 13

• LiberalElite (3691 posts)
    Profile photo of Liberal Elite Donor

Sutter Brown, first dog of California, dead at 13

http://www.sacbee.com/news/politics-government/capitol-alert/article123862369.html

Sutter Brown, the gubernatorial pooch who softened Gov. Jerry Brown’s image and brightened the California Capitol with his love for belly rubs and treats, has died.

“Sutter passed away peacefully this afternoon with the Governor and First Lady at his side and was laid to rest at the family ranch in Colusa County, where he loved to roam, sniff and play,” Brown spokesman Evan Westrup said in a statement Friday afternoon.

The 13-year-old Pembroke Welsh corgi underwent emergency surgery in October, but a particularly aggressive form of cancer could not be entirely removed. News of his illness dismayed fans around California, who filled social media with expressions of support.
    Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/news/politics-government/capitol-alert/article123862369.html#storylink=cpy

Enthusiast, NVBirdlady, Pastiche and 2 othersMagical Thyme, Passionate Progressive like this
    I feel much better since I've given up hope

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

▼ Hide Reply Index
6 replies
    • Content removed for violations of the community standards & guidelines

2 months ago #2
  • 2 months ago #4
    • oldandhappy (2864 posts)
      Profile photo of oldandhappy Donor

1. Sutter leaves a big hole in a lot of hearts.

• Magical Thyme (2847 posts)
      Profile photo of Magical Thyme Donor

3. re: the deleted post, just a reminder that this forum is a place to celebrate

and sometimes mourn, companion animals. There are plenty of other forums here for political snark.

• Abakan (2218 posts)
        Profile photo of Abakan Donor

5. it's ok…the poster didn't realize

where he was. It happens sometimes when group posts show up on the home page.

I have much to say, so I talk to birds. They are truly the only ones who listen.  
    • Deadpool (6608 posts)
      Profile photo of Deadpool Admin

4. …

Dogs come into our lives to teach us about love, they depart to teach us about loss. A new dog never replaces an old dog, it merely expands the heart. 

• Haikugal (4657 posts)
        Profile photo of Haikugal Donor

6. Awww Thanks Deadpool, well said!

Be the bird.....       Hey DNC! Up Yours! It's ON!!