• Site changes

Site will be down for an hour overnight (Mon/Tue) for an hour, some significant "behind the scenes" server changes happening. If all goes well, you'll see nothing different tomorrow except for faster speed and encrypted connections (HTTPS). Not sure of exact timing.

JPR Sports

Home JPR Sports

Latest Wimbledon news discussion

• NRL (175 posts)
    Profile photo of NRL Donor

Latest Wimbledon news discussion

For you tennis types – I’ve not really turned on a TV in 8 years – but do know that it is happening!

WhaTHellsgoingonhere, Muse rider, EmmaG like this

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

▼ Hide Reply Index
7 replies
  • EmmaG (902 posts)
    Profile photo of EmmaG Donor

1. I may be the only one –

but I am thoroughly enjoying Sam Querry and hope his journey continues.  Federer plays Steve Johnson yet – 26 yr old American whom I know nothing about.  What a wild Wimbledon!

#DemExit #StillSanders #JusticeDems #GoGreen
    • Muse rider (74 posts)
      Profile photo of Muse rider

3. He did well.

I was surprised to see him get there.  I guess I have not been paying attention.  I agree, this has been a wild Wimbledon and loads of fun (as long as Federer keeps winning, lol).

Love your sig line.

clarinet
  • Muse rider (74 posts)
    Profile photo of Muse rider

2. YAY!

Tennis is the only sport I really like.  I do like some horse sports, not racing or the hard rodeo but other riding sports but mostly I only follow tennis and that mostly only the slams.

I am glad to see this.  Was missing the discussion on DU that I cannot have now since I will not sign the oath.

JPR is becoming everything we all missed so we do not have to miss it anymore.

I am loving the men’s outcomes so far.  My favorite woman is gone but I am really happy that Venus is still in this.  I have been hoping for years she would get a chance to win especially Wimbledon.

clarinet
    • EmmaG (902 posts)

4. I like Venus too –

have a lot of respect for her continuing despite the autoimmune disorder.

• WhaTHellsgoingonhere (24 posts)
      Profile photo of WhaTHellsgoingonhere

5. Just saw this. I LUV tennis!

I’ll jump in here when I can, but I do have a Facebook group where we are play-by-play commentators and analysts lol

First Post?????! I had plenty on JPR.org  :-|

• EmmaG (902 posts)

6. The posts didn't carry over –

but I think the overall format is great and I’m sure they’ll bring more features as they can.

• WhaTHellsgoingonhere (24 posts)
          Profile photo of WhaTHellsgoingonhere

7. Thanks for the reply! I didn't know I received notifications when someone…

replies. That’s good to know! :)