JPR Sports

Home JPR Sports

Usain Bolt's Agent Confirms the Sprinter Has Never Run a Mile

• N2Doc (1977 posts)
    Profile photo of N2Doc Donor

Usain Bolt's Agent Confirms the Sprinter Has Never Run a Mile

Since his several record-breaking performances in 2008, Usain Bolt has owned the track.

Well, parts of it, that is.

Despite the six-time Olympic gold medalist’s dominance in the 100-meter and 200-meter dashes, he has never once attempted four trips around the track—or in other words, a mile.

Unbelievable as it may be, the discovery comes directly from the sprinter’s agent, Ricky Simms, who summarized the scoop to the New Yorker’s Charles Bethea by stating, “Usain has never run a mile.”

more

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2655298-usain-bolts-agent-confirms-the-sprinter-has-never-run-a-mile

Flying Shoe, Bluesuedeshoes, Haikugal and 2 othersLiberalArkie, Downwinder like this
    "But nothing ever changes unless there's some pain" - Tears For Fears "Goodnight Song"

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• DookDook (267 posts)
    Profile photo of DookDook

1. Hi. I used to run in High School and I don't understand why this is a story.

I used to run long distance.  I ran all three seasons, so fall was Cross Country, where the races were 5K (3.1 miles) so for practice we would run up to eight miles on ‘distance’ days.  But with Winter and Spring track I competed in the 1600M(1 mile) and the 1500m and the third race would be some type of relay or anything the coach said I should run in.

The guys who were sprinters, on the other hand, never ran more than a 1/4 mile when they warmed up and warmed down.  Usually they would just jog out whatever they just sprinted is how they would cool down, they weren’t training or practicing to build stamina like us longer distance runners were doing.  While we had some overlap, we trained somewhat differently and we even used different equipment, us long distance runners don’t use starting blocks and we usually don’t have spikes in our shoes.  Maybe they do now, I ran years ago.

(I joined just to post this.  Sorry, not really a fan of ‘sport’ but I did run and wanted to add my 2 cents.)

• Bluesuedeshoes (1924 posts)
      Profile photo of Bluesuedeshoes Donor

2. I ran the 440 and well, no way could I compete in the mile

It takes a whole different animal :)