JPR The Voice of Poverty and Disability

Home JPR The Voice of Poverty and Disability

Daughter Says Untreated Pain Led to Mother’s Suicide

• GreedKills (449 posts)
    Profile photo of GreedKills

Daughter Says Untreated Pain Led to Mother’s Suicide

Suicides are never easy to accept. Especially if they involve a loved one. Even more so if they could have been prevented.

Lacy Stewart says her mother never would have killed herself if she’d been given proper medical care for her chronic fibromyalgia pain.

“I feel angry about the way she was treated,” says Stewart, a registered nurse who believes the healthcare system not only failed to treat her mother, but drove Marsha Reid to suicide at age 59.

“Her life was taken from her is the way I feel,” says Stewart. “I know it was. A person can only handle so much pain for so long. It takes its toll on every area — your mind, your body, everything. And she just couldn’t do it anymore. She’d had enough. Because nobody would help her. Nobody.”

https://www.painnewsnetwork.org/stories/2016/11/16/daughter-blames-doctors-for-mothers-suicide

R.I.P. 

VoiceOfReason, LiberalElite, Enthusiast and 5 othersPastiche, xynthee, Haikugal, Lynetta, 7wo7rees like this
    We could of had people in the street celebrating a Sanders victory...........  #FreeJulian

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Haikugal (3626 posts)
    Profile photo of Haikugal Donor

1. Shame on us! So very sad.

• GreedKills (449 posts)

2. I feel many of the overdoses

which involve legal opioids are chronic pain sufferers giving up and committing suicide. Of course the stats are all lump together and we will never have true understanding of what is going on.

We could of had people in the street celebrating a Sanders victory...........  #FreeJulian
      • Haikugal (3626 posts)

3. I agree. Had I not been able to gain relief from the chronic pain I would be

one of them. Sad state of affairs.

Thanks for this post.

• GreedKills (449 posts)

4. If not for my children

and the support from my wife who was my childhood sweetheart I would of packed it up long ago.

• Haikugal (3626 posts)

5. Our heros, family.

:hug: