• password reset

If you can't login and are having problems with the password reset http://jackpineradicals.com/boards/topic/if-you-are-having-problems-changing-your-password/

Lone Nerd History Group

Home Lone Nerd History Group

Interesting documentary about the Mary Rose

• dorkzilla (2044 posts)
    Profile photo of dorkzilla Donor

Interesting documentary about the Mary Rose

Very good documentary as its now been over 30 years since it was recovered.  I went to see it when I was in Plymouth in March but it was closed for the season.  Happily, I got to see the HMS Victory so the day was not lost.

donDonE, Enthusiast, Idaho progressive and 5 othersHoneyBadger, Haikugal, Jan Boehmermann, Bluesuedeshoes, historylovr like this

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

▼ Hide Reply Index
6 replies
  • Haikugal (3723 posts)
    Profile photo of Haikugal Donor

1. Thanks Dorkzilla, I look forward to watching this.

• HoneyBadger (36 posts)
    Profile photo of HoneyBadger Donor

2. Will watch later

when I have an hour.  This is pretty interesting stuff.

• Haikugal (3723 posts)
    Profile photo of Haikugal Donor

3. Very interesting watch…I wondered if there was an online exhibit of the

museum so I went looking. Didn’t find one but found this. http://www.maryrose.org and while I haven’t looked around there very much I thought it might be interesting.

There are museums that have an online presence and you can click through and look at displays.

Thanks Dorkzilla! :hi: Looks like the museum is open again so you can take a lot of pics and do a full report for those of us who’ll never be able to visit it. It looks like a wonderful place.

• Idaho progressive (159 posts)
    Profile photo of Idaho progressive Donor

4. I got a chance to see it years ago,

My wife was installing some software for Vauxall (?) and I was there on my ship  last fall but did not have the chance to go see her again. Thanks for the post.

• donDonE (152 posts)
    Profile photo of donDonE Donor

5. Great documentary and so many areas of interest but my fav was

was on longbows. TY :hi:

There are three kinds of men, ones that learn by reading, a few who learn by observation, and the rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and learn for themselves. Will Rogers
    • dorkzilla (2044 posts)
      Profile photo of dorkzilla Donor

6. You missed a great documentary yesterday

@dondone – Unless you’ve got FilmOnTv or UKTV on roku, BBC4 has a great series on about Britain’s Armed History and yesterday they focus on the long bow.

it’s not the one I mentioned above, but posting this in case you haven’t seen it…