• Site changes

Site will be down for an hour overnight (Mon/Tue) for an hour, some significant "behind the scenes" server changes happening. If all goes well, you'll see nothing different tomorrow except for faster speed and encrypted connections (HTTPS). Not sure of exact timing.

Lone Nerd History Group

Home Lone Nerd History Group

Interesting documentary about the Mary Rose

• dorkzilla (2240 posts)
    Profile photo of dorkzilla Donor

Interesting documentary about the Mary Rose

Very good documentary as its now been over 30 years since it was recovered.  I went to see it when I was in Plymouth in March but it was closed for the season.  Happily, I got to see the HMS Victory so the day was not lost.

donDonE, Enthusiast, Idaho progressive and 5 othersHoneyBadger, Haikugal, Jan Boehmermann, Bluesuedeshoes, historylovr like this

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

▼ Hide Reply Index
6 replies
  • Haikugal (4657 posts)
    Profile photo of Haikugal Donor

1. Thanks Dorkzilla, I look forward to watching this.

Be the bird.....       Hey DNC! Up Yours! It's ON!!
  • HoneyBadger (36 posts)
    Profile photo of HoneyBadger Donor

2. Will watch later

when I have an hour.  This is pretty interesting stuff.

• Haikugal (4657 posts)
    Profile photo of Haikugal Donor

3. Very interesting watch…I wondered if there was an online exhibit of the

museum so I went looking. Didn’t find one but found this. http://www.maryrose.org and while I haven’t looked around there very much I thought it might be interesting.

There are museums that have an online presence and you can click through and look at displays.

Thanks Dorkzilla! :hi: Looks like the museum is open again so you can take a lot of pics and do a full report for those of us who’ll never be able to visit it. It looks like a wonderful place.

Be the bird.....       Hey DNC! Up Yours! It's ON!!
  • Idaho progressive (171 posts)
    Profile photo of Idaho progressive Donor

4. I got a chance to see it years ago,

My wife was installing some software for Vauxall (?) and I was there on my ship  last fall but did not have the chance to go see her again. Thanks for the post.

• donDonE (184 posts)
    Profile photo of donDonE Donor

5. Great documentary and so many areas of interest but my fav was

was on longbows. TY :hi:

There are three kinds of men, ones that learn by reading, a few who learn by observation, and the rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and learn for themselves. Will Rogers
    • dorkzilla (2240 posts)
      Profile photo of dorkzilla Donor

6. You missed a great documentary yesterday

@dondone – Unless you’ve got FilmOnTv or UKTV on roku, BBC4 has a great series on about Britain’s Armed History and yesterday they focus on the long bow.

it’s not the one I mentioned above, but posting this in case you haven’t seen it…