JackPine Elders

Home JackPine Elders

So when are we going to vote for a new name?

• KauaiK (2741 posts)
    Profile photo of KauaiK Donor

So when are we going to vote for a new name?

Calling Mr. Adminstrator @sofarfromheaven.

Are you going to keep it as “Seniors”?   If so, define “senior”.  Is it of a certain age or frame of mine?

It's beginning to look a lot like fuck this.  

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

▼ Hide Reply Index
8 replies
  • NV Wino (2293 posts)
    Profile photo of NV Wino Donor

1. We voted

We’re Seniors with no age limit.

Don't blame me. I voted for Bernie and Jill.
  • Lord Thomas (797 posts)
    Profile photo of Lord Thomas

2. Strange I don't remember voting.

Thought we only did name suggestion????

The Only Consistent Thing in Life is Change.

• KauaiK (2741 posts)

3. I don't remember voting either Lord Thomas

• Lord Thomas (797 posts)
        Profile photo of Lord Thomas

4. Looks like Homie can't hear ya.

Maybe our fearless leader “TOY VADER” @sofarfromheaven is simply having another Senior Moment. or living up to his VD expectations, I gotta happily  deal with it before the night over myself.

I can’t even figure out how to post a picture, so I am only volunteering suggestions.

MLT (Mrs. Lord Thomas)  checked things out and thought we could go list “ALL” the name suggestions, even the ones our Lord Administrator totally hates. ( Gotta watch him, me thinks he does not play well with stupid.)

She talking about Excell, I can only surf the web. So make a master list, ( forget about the votes so far) give it a week, then narrow the list to match the votes. Rinse and repeat till you have a WINNER.

The Only Consistent Thing in Life is Change.

• ConcernedCanuk (804 posts)
    Profile photo of Dave Donor

5. Definition of Seniors?

Well – let’s say if you are of age to collect Social Security – Old Age Pension?

or

Are of age to qualify for “Seniors Discount” at the grocery store?

As for the name, there are other references like old geezer, old fart, 

but I’m fine with Seniors.

CC

Why is it when we get older, we can remember the tiniest details from our youth, but not where we put our reading glasses 30 seconds ago?
  • so far from heaven (7142 posts)
    Profile photo of so far from heaven Donor

6. Listen up everyone.

I happen to be enjoying my 20th anniversary tonight. Voting on senior group name is not really on my radar right this minute.

So, I will be more than happy to set up the official name election tomorrow morning, if you will kindly let me.

@kauaik , @lordthomas , @nvwino , @concernedcanuk

One thing I do remember though is that we decided that there was no entry requirements, that we would even let children like @deadpool join (shudder) if they want to.

We can always change the price of admittance at a later date if they get too obnoxious.

With that I bid you adieu and all that till tomorrow.

Bite me Deadpool.     "When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun.'" -Groucho Marx
    • KauaiK (2741 posts)

7. My apologies, SFFH. I forgot it was your anniversary.

Tomorrow then.  BTW:  I’m having issues logging on.  If a Daily Quote isn’t posted by 9am my time, post one for me, please.

• ConcernedCanuk (804 posts)
      Profile photo of Dave Donor

8. Umm – I'd rather not have this a "vote" thing . . .

Lets just say that the admins, moderators accept suggestions, and make their own decision.

I agree that there should be no need for an age restriction of any sort to join the Group.

HOWEVER, I think those choosing the name for the Group should at least be 55+.

not that it’s likely to happen, but do we want a “gang” of “youngsters” – (ya know – 30 and under) deciding to name the Group “A Bunch of Old Farts” . . . ? ? ?

even if we are . . . . 

CC

Why is it when we get older, we can remember the tiniest details from our youth, but not where we put our reading glasses 30 seconds ago?