- Latest Thread
A Readers & Writers Menagerie
This is a group for those who love to read and love to write. Let’s discuss favorite books – and the process of writing them. Books on Audible…on CD. Books waiting to be written – songs – lyrics. Let’s mine the creative process of the use of words.
- All Time Favorite Author
This group is a place that provides opportunities for people of all faiths, spiritual leanings and non-belief to discuss religious topics and events in a positive and civil manner, with an emphasis on tolerance.
- Atheist’s Car Vandalized With Rock That Reads “God Is Good”
This is a group to post and discuss topics specific to Canada. Everyone is welcome here, Canucks are a friendly bunch.
- Oooh! Canada!!!!
Cannabis on JPR
This group can discuss all things related to cannabis. Legalization, Cultivation, and Participation.
- On a Boat? Cannabis Is Still Illegal, US Coast Guard Says
Car-Free Living and New Urbanism
Successor to the Public Transportation & Smart Growth group. The new name is designed to include cyclists and pedestrians as well as mass transit users/enthusiasts. Also, the slightly dated phrase ”Smart Growth” has been replaced by the more contemporary ”New Urbanism”.
- BIOPHILIC DESIGN -Improving Health & Well-Being in the Built Environment
Computers and Technology
Welcome to JPR’s Computer and Tech center
- Adobe to pull plug on Flash, ending an era
I am starting this group for people to post regarding the election fraud that occurred in the 2016 Arizona Presidential Preference Primary. There have been many posts in several locations and I just would like this to be the place for this group to place their focus, posts and resources.
- Russian Breach of 39 States Threatens Future US Elections
This group and its subgroups are for issues that: 1. are highly-charged, and 2. there are two or more sides to the story, and all sides will not likely come to agreement in the near future Basically, if you're posting on JPR about any topic that has a subgroup here, that post should go here, unless it's legitimately Latest Breaking News. The main difference between these groups and other groups/forums, is that we're waiving the rule that extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. You can quote some guy on a blog as proof, and it'll be up to your fellow JPR netizens to accept it or push back. Also, posts in this group may not go to JPR's homepage. One rule that definitely does apply is to not accuse people, particularly non-public figures, of serious crimes unless there is some seriously-good evidence. E.G., if you need to accuse someone of molesting children because of the combination of "code words" they used in an email, we'll all be happier if you do that somewhere else, JPR's management as a whole takes no position on any issue here, although some of us may wade in representing only ourselves. That does not mean that you can use doctored photos, print or video. Any intentional use of fabrication will be removed and the poster may be banned. No Pizzagate. Take it elsewhere. All other rules at JackpineRadicals apply. Most importantly, no personal attacks and no hate sites
- Numerous US Government Officials Caught On Camera Meeting With White Helmets and
Post reviews of books that you would like to recommend, original or linked to other reviewers.
- "No is not enough" by Naomi Klein
Health Groups –
All groups that deal with any and all types of health issues
- Organizing pneumonia, anyone heard of that
Hobby Groups –
Includes photography, gardening, cooking, ECT. All groups that are normally considered a hobby and don't fit in with political groups (you're more than welcome to ask that your group be added or removed from this grouping)
- CC’s Wildlife and Scenery Photography Group (149, 719),
- Cycling (24, 120),
- DIY & Home Improvement (31, 307),
- Jackpine Radical Cooking (491, 1,853),
- Jackpine Radical Gardening (72, 482),
- JPR Gaming (67, 246),
- JPR Photography (141, 560),
- Movies, Television, Streaming (190, 872),
- Wheels, wheels and more wheels! (59, 281)
- All You Need To Know About Catalytic Converters Is They Shouldn't Exist
A place for Seniors to share information relevant to those who fit into this category or have friends and family who might benefit from our information and conversation.
- A shirt for me (and maybe a few others here}
A group where we celebrate our companion animals. Any animal you like, we like. Welcome one and all.
- Best Coffee Cup for servants of cats that I've ever seen…..
Labor for Bernie
Six national unions and 107 state and local union bodies endorsed Bernie. ‘Labor for Bernie’ is intending to fight on. This JPR Labor group welcomes ideas and debate on how unions can participate in the Revolution, promote progressive policies and influence the coming presidential, congressional and local elections.
- AT&T Workers Protest Labor Contracts
Lone Nerd History Group
Created for the discussion of history – mostly English history until the Glorious Revolution and all with (or without) a Samuel Pepys obsession. Credit for the idea to JPR’er dorkzilla!
- Dates of American Cultural Eras for the Last Century
Music Groups –
Sooth a savage breast (or two)
- Classical Music (95, 187),
- Country Music (206, 217),
- Electronic Music (114, 111),
- Hip Hop and R&B (153, 136),
- International Music Group (115, 71),
- Jazz Music (127, 252),
- JPR Guitars (82, 184),
- Punk & Metal Music (221, 240),
- Rock & Roll-ish (556, 788),
- The Totally Random Evening Full Album Listening Group (245, 424),
- Traditional Music (85, 100)
- Papa John Creach-Filthy!
- A Readers & Writers Menagerie