This is a group to post and discuss topics specific to Canada. Everyone is welcome here, Canucks are a friendly bunch.
- 1 month ago
Cannabis on JPR
This group can discuss all things related to cannabis. Legalization, Cultivation, and Participation.
- 3 hours ago
This group (and its subgroups) are for issues that: 1. are highly-charged, and 2. there are two or more sides to the story, and all sides will not likely come to agreement in the near future Basically, if you're posting on JPR about any topic that has a subgroup here, that post should go here, unless it's legitimately Latest Breaking News. The main difference between these groups and other groups/forums, is that we're waiving the rule that extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. You can quote some guy on a blog as proof, and it'll be up to your fellow JPR netizens to accept it or push back. Also, posts in this group may not go to JPR's homepage. One rule that definitely does apply is to not accuse people, particularly non-public figures, of serious crimes unless there is some seriously-good evidence. E.G., if you need to accuse someone of molesting children because of the combination of "code words" they used in an email, we'll all be happier if you do that somewhere else, JPR's management as a whole takes no position on any issue here, although some of us may wade in representing only ourselves. That does not mean that you can use doctored photos, print or video. Any intentional use of fabrication will be removed and the poster may be banned. No Pizzagate. Take it elsewhere. All other rules at JackpineRadicals apply. Most importantly, no personal attacks and no hate sites
- 2 days ago
A place for Seniors to share information relevant to those who fit into this category or have friends and family who might benefit from our information and conversation.
- 1 year ago
A group where we celebrate our companion animals. Any animal you like, we like. Welcome one and all.
- 2 weeks ago
Lone Nerd History
Created for the discussion of history – mostly English history until the Glorious Revolution and all with (or without) a Samuel Pepys obsession.
- 5 months ago
- Religious Groups
- Alternative SpiritualityAlternative Spirituality
- Atheist/Humanist/Non-ReligiousThis group is a place that provides opportunities for people of all faiths, spiritual leanings and non-belief to discuss religious topics and events in a positive and civil manner, with an emphasis on tolerance. Criticisms of individual beliefs or non-belief, or debates about the existence of higher power(s) are are allowed, but must be identified as such in the title. JPR rules still apply for this group.
- 2 weeks ago
- Health Groups
- Health & FitnessA group to discuss activities, fitness trends, and personal goals and challenges.
- JPR Mental Health Support GroupThis is a group set up for those of us that suffer the mental ailments that challenge us throughout our lives. This group exists because we’re better off together than alone.
- 1 week ago
- Hobby Groups
- DIY & Home ImprovementIncrease our self sufficiency by learning new and improved methods of home improvement and other DIY projects.
- Investment / Personal FinanceA place to discuss investments and personal finances.
- Jackpine Radical CookingShare your recipes and what’s cooking at your house!
- Jackpine Radical GardeningDiscuss the cultivation of plants and landscaping.
- JPR PhotographyAll kinds of photography from pinhole to digital. (No nudes, please. There are specific sites for that.) Post your photos, discuss techniques, equipment and sources. Share links to fine photography, sources and contests. JPR contests to come shortly.
- Movies, Television, StreamingA place to discuss films, tv shows, and streaming content.
- Wheels, wheels and more wheels!Yup wheels – anything from Boss Cars, Transport Tractors, Project Cars/Trucks Favorite Rides, Dream Rides to tricycles – yeah – even the old pedal ones . . . Show/discuss your wheels!
- 1 day ago
- Humor Groups
- General HumorA place to get a laugh, and/or share a laugh with other JPRers. Keep the humor non-political.
- Political HumorFor political humor
- 2 days ago
- Music Groups
- Classical MusicFrom the Baroque of the 17th & 18th centuries to the neo-classical of today, come share your favorite composers, performers, and performances as we explore western classical music in all of its wonder!
- Country MusicFrom Austin to Nashville, from Bob Wills and his Texas Playboys to Patsy Cline, from Johnny Cash to Loretta Lynn, come explore the joys and sorrows of American country music.
- Electronic MusicFrom Jarre & Tangerine Dream in the 1970’s to Psy Goa Trance and New Age Ambient today, come explore the sounds and experiences of analog and digital synthesizers, samplers, and drum machines.
- Hip Hop and R&BFrom Motown to Compton, from Marvin Gaye to Public Enemy, come explore the music and culture of the African American experience that is now an integral part of our shared American culture.
- International MusicThis is a place for international music. Songs need not be in English. Post any international music you like and wish to share.
- Jazz MusicFrom ragtime to big band swing, from Be-bop to fusion, come explore and share the joys of all things jazz!
- Musical InstrumentsGuitars, Drums, Piano, etc... If it's a musical instrument, this group is the place.
- Punk & Metal MusicFrom the Ramones & the Sex Pistols to Joy Division & the Offspring, from Black Sabbath & Mötley Crüe to Ghost & Rhapsody of Fire, come explore the edgier, hardcore, and more rebellious sides music. Nothing is too extreme or anarchistic to be posted in this group.
- Rock & Roll-ishLet's not get pedantic here about what Rock & Roll means. If you think if fits, it fits.
- SmorgasbordA music forum for the good music that doesn't quite fit into the major categories set up.
- The Totally Random Evening Full Album Listening Groupor..Cassette, 8 track, Disc, mp3, whatever…just as long as it is a full set. I will post the first one and the next member chooses next and so on…and sure we can do more than one! Just do not let it interrupt your activism! Let the music appreciation and chaos ensue.
- Traditional MusicAll things related to Old Timey, Scottish, Irish, Quebecois, Cajun, Delta Blues, Hillbilly Rags other all other forms of Traditional Music.
- 16 hours ago