12 AM Update on Hurricane Ida: Cat 1

Homepage | Forums | Main Forums | Latest Breaking News | 12 AM Update on Hurricane Ida: Cat 1

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Snort McDork
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 5,010

I'm Snort McDork and I approved this message.

"I like Birdy Num-Nums"

If you come for Nina Turner, Your ish better be airtight like Tupperware" -Rashida Talib

Gryneos
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 1,635

most hurricanes degrade pretty fast when they lose all of that warm moisture from the sea. It can still cause major flooding later in its life. I recall Hurricane Irene (2011) which caused some bad flooding in Vermont at the end of its path.
      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hurricane_Irene#Vermont

That was a good video. Thanks for posting!

Who are you? | What do you want? | Why are you here? | Where are you going? | Do you have anything worth living for? | Who do you serve and who do you trust?

Snort McDork
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 5,010

Reminds me of the dude (forgot his name) who works in Miami-who was about to lose his job (back in late 80’s) until a hurricane hit and he did his forecast live with little light during the storm. Not only did he keep his job after this live effort, he apparently won an Emmy and is still on the air from what I understand. Brian Norcross is the dude. He also is occasionally called on by the network if a major storm pops up for analysis.

I'm Snort McDork and I approved this message.

"I like Birdy Num-Nums"

If you come for Nina Turner, Your ish better be airtight like Tupperware" -Rashida Talib

Gryneos
        Participant
        • Total Posts: 1,635

weather people could win Emmys! But, in addition to being quite informative (and possibly the most well-informed part of any newscast) they can also be entertaining, even when being blown sideways in storm winds 😀

Who are you? | What do you want? | Why are you here? | Where are you going? | Do you have anything worth living for? | Who do you serve and who do you trust?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.