2 related questions…

Homepage | Forums | Main Forums | Help and Q & A | 2 related questions…

Fund drive for new JPR software.

Have a fund drive for JPR, money and whatever else is needed for the best site money can't buy.

You must be logged in to participate.
  • #1Yes, I would be willing to contribute to buy new software for JPR 4.
  • #2 No, buying new software is a waste of time and money.
  • #3 Let's keep working on JPR 3.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      retired liberal
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 3,119

Can there be content that cannot be seen unless one is signed on?

Can we the members be up-dated on the progress, if any, on fixing the problems here.

<hr />

Well, make it 3 questions. Is there any other software that would work better? I understand that WordPress is free/cheap and a lot of time and effort has gone into both JPR 2 &3. More suitable software costs money. I’d be willing to contribute for a fund raiser, as I can see a good inflectional future for JPR.
      Some other member would have to do the research and present the alternatives.

We are an arrogant species, believing our fantasy based "facts" are better than the other person's fake facts.
      If you are wrong, it will be because you are not cynical enough.
      Both major political parties are special interest groups enabling each other for power and money, at the expense of the people they no longer properly serve…
      Always wear a proper mask when out and about. The life you save could be both yours and mine.

Mr. Mickeys Mom
      • Total Posts: 4,334

In fact, I made an attempt to notify admins on the post right before this one that that indicated some real frustration here.

I think an update would be due to all (some persons are more in my camp, letting 3.0 issues be address as they are now), but not everyone understands what that means.

It is not a stagnant process. It is, in fact, a painstaking process and I know SFFH will jump in here to say more soon. I appreciate your post…

@sffh
      @deadpool

Hell, no... I'm not giving up...

Enthusiast
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 4,581

But only because my understanding is limited. I would be willing to do….whatever.

I would like to remind you that U.S. health insurance companies do not contribute anything to health care. They are only a PARASITIC middle man receiving an undeserved cut of "FREE MONEY".

Me

glinda
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 804

and gain members. 

Animals know more than we do.

Joe Shlabotnik
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 865

I don’t have the technical background, or any insight into running an online discussion board.  If we need more money, I’ll donate, and I’ll up my usual donation, whether its for JPR3 or a JPR4.  I know and appreciate the great amount of time and work has gone into this site so far.

Could we hire an expert to fix the existing site quickly perhaps?  I know its a lot of pressure, but the longer these problems continue, the more people will drift away, or not even consider joining. If that happens, then all of the blood sweat and hamster toil goes down the drain anyway.

~ All good things are Wild and Free ~

retired liberal
        Participant
        • Total Posts: 3,119

Progress reports would be helpful also. There is nothing wrong with asking for help when things start to get too squishy to hold its desired shape.
        I can imagine the pressure the admin are under to get this site working before the members evaporate.

We are an arrogant species, believing our fantasy based "facts" are better than the other person's fake facts.
        If you are wrong, it will be because you are not cynical enough.
        Both major political parties are special interest groups enabling each other for power and money, at the expense of the people they no longer properly serve…
        Always wear a proper mask when out and about. The life you save could be both yours and mine.

alcina
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 690

I didn’t vote in the poll because I don’t have a strong opinion about nor sufficient knowledge to decide whether it’s better to invest in 3.0 or throw in the towel and move onto 4.0.

Either way, a big thank you to all who have been working to improve this website. Despite the problems, this is still my favourite site for news and discussion.

"I believe man suffers from an appalling ignorance of his own nature." -William Golding, Lord of the Flies

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.