Home Main Forums 2018 Elections 2018 election progressive candidates #22

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

▼ Hide Reply Index
8 replies
  • Deadpool (11030 posts)
    Profile photo of Deadpool Admin

1. On The Daily Radical!

And stuck. Thank you so much. 

• cascadiance (2794 posts)
    Profile photo of cascadiance Donor

2. Add Mark Mackenzie for New Hampshire's 1st district…

As a former New Hampshire AFL-CIO chairman, Mark Mackenzie just entered the congressional race in New Hampshire, and was and still is part of the Bernie Sanders Steering committee in New Hampshire as noted here…  Sounds like a good candidate for working folk in this country!

http://nhlabornews.com/2017/10/its-official-mark-mackenzie-announces-candidacy-for-congress/

Vote AGAINST the race to the bottom by both corporate parties who seek to screw workers over globally!                                                                                  
  • Marym625 (26281 posts)
    Profile photo of Marym625 Admin

3. Thank you!

With all the new stuff coming out, I have to wonder who will be getting real backing from the DNC now

"Once the decision was made to go into Iraq as an invader and occupier,  it’s like our nation lost its conscience. And it has not yet gotten that conscience back." Madfloridian  

4. I keep seeing many different "progressive" candidates primarying Feinstein now..

It would perhaps seem an example of how there might be some really good ones to stay strong with, like David Hildebrand, who I’ve had personal contact with, and others that might sound good, but might be added more as an attempt to split the progressive challenger vote to keep her in office.  I have a feeling that there will be many “fake progressive” candidates out there, which will make our jobs that much harder.

I’ve noticed a few out there in other races where I see that they’ve filed as 2018 candidates and sound very good for us (and might be the only good progressives in some races too), but they don’t have their campaign web sites updated from 2016 or the like and wikipedia editors keep taking them off, claiming that they aren’t candidates.  Here’s a few examples of such.

Mike Manypenny who has been a candidate for congress in West Virginia has been removed a few times from wikipedia.  Here he is speaking at a recent event along with Paula Swearengin who’s running against Joe Manchin in the Senate, but it is damn hard finding anything else that points to him as a *current* candidate for 2018 race.  A lot of candidates that are part of Brand New Congress have faced similar challenges here, and some have silently pulled out of their races too, making it that much more difficult for the other ones that are still in to get attention in other media spaces.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1183438335132782/

Sarah Lloyd of Wisconsin is another example of someone who’s on record for having filed paperwork with the FEC for 2018 race, but doesn’t have an updated campaign web site, etc. for 2018 either.

If folk out here can find through arguably censored Google search results and through corporate media that avoids giving these sort of candidates any kind of attention, information that establishes firmly that they and other candidates like them are running in 2018, it would be welcome here.

Vote AGAINST the race to the bottom by both corporate parties who seek to screw workers over globally!                                                                                  
      • Marym625 (26281 posts)
        Profile photo of Marym625 Admin

5. This would be a good OP by itself

I’m sure you’re right, that they’re going to try to split the progressive vote. We need to be vigilant in supporting the real progressive candidate.

I complained on wiki about changes that were wrong. Never heard anything back from them

"Once the decision was made to go into Iraq as an invader and occupier,  it’s like our nation lost its conscience. And it has not yet gotten that conscience back." Madfloridian  
  • Iwillnevergiveup (687 posts)
    Profile photo of Iwillnevergiveup

6. New update?

I got a fund raising email from Janet Mills (D), running for governor in Maine.  She’s currently the attorney general.  She may or may not be a Berniecrat, but she has given LePage a sharp thorn in his side.

We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.     Native American Proverb

7. I think I still support Dianne Russell for Maine's governor who is on the list..

(Hate it when JPR logs you off when you are doing a post so that you have to rewrite it over again the second time.)

Russell recently was mentioned in an article supporting the “people’s veto” that many populist groups of voters in Maine are trying to put together to shut down legislative attempts by corrupt elements of both major parties in that state to shut down the effects of Maine’s vote to put in place Ranked Choice Voting statewide.  I like a candidate like that who’s standing with the people.  I think Maine voters who are sick of the current plurality elected Republican governor there that most voters hate want to hear someone like Russell take their side in getting their government back.

I’ll take a look at Janet Mills to see if she’s also worth supporting, but I’m leery of many who tout themselves as progressives at times (like the many “progressives” that are now running against Diane Feinstein in California’s senate race) that may be in the race just to split the vote to prevent a real progressive from winning an election.

I’ll try to get more updates soon.  I’ve been sidetracked by many life issues that have kept me busy on other fronts lately.  To give you an idea of how weird some of them have been, I have had limited contact with my extended family (when my mom has 11 brothers and sisters) over the last few years, especially when I haven’t travelled since my last trip to California visiting my Mom for Thanksgiving then in 2015.  Two days after I returned, I got news from her rest home that she had passed away.  Now on Monday I just get news that an uncle married to my Mom’s sister who stopped by here and visited me one day on a trip to the northwest a year ago, just passed away too.  No, he was in California, not in a church in Texas.  It’s hard not to feel events like this and many others that are weird and depressing like this I’ve been facing aren’t something about being cursed in life, even if I know that’s not a rational thing.

Anyway, this effort has been a rewarding experience for me to get away from some of these things, so I hope to sometime this coming week to get some new updates to the list then when I get some more time hopefully.  Want to make sure first that I can stay healthy and have enough money to keep a roof over my head though.

• ThomPaine (4449 posts)
    Profile photo of ThomPaine Moderator

8. Thank you so much for this.

aka rhett o rick.     The rich treat us like ants. They may avoid stepping on us, but if our home is in the way of their new swimming pool, we can kiss our ants goodbye.