3 clues in coronavirus patients' blood could help doctors predict their risk of death 10 days in advance, with 90% accuracy

Homepage | Forums | Main Forums | CORONA Virus / COVID-19 | 3 clues in coronavirus patients' blood could help doctors predict their risk of death 10 days in advance, with 90% accuracy

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      PADemD
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 1,875
      • In a new study, researchers created a model that uses a trio of biological markers to predict whether a patient was likely to die from COVID-19.
      • The model was able to forecast the death of individual patients more than 10 days in advance with at least 90% accuracy.

To identify commonalities between these severe cases, the researchers analyzed blood samples taken repeatedly from 485 coronavirus patients at Tongji Hospital in Wuhan, China, between January 10 and February 18. They tested for myriad kidney, heart, and blood-clotting issues, noted whether those patients had survived or died, then used machine-learning algorithms to look for biological patterns.

The results found that the following indicators can predict whether a patient had a higher risk of death than other infected people:

https://www.businessinsider.com/patients-risk-of-death-from-coronavirus-predicted-blood-markers-2020-5

GZeusH
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 2,489

I don’t know about you, but I could use a little more of McCoy’s bedside manner, and less of Spock’s odds calculating.

Two way street
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 1,591

10 days earlier.  I am calling the doctor to request lab tests for these three and others checks that I need.

Very important (hope you have time to scroll down and read how the problem was solved for other, ‘vir’ molecules/drugs).

https://www.acsh.org/news/2020/05/11/remdesivir-iv-only-here-are-some-ways-fix-14760

2020 Campaign Season: We the People are in the fight for our lives and livelihoods.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.