$50 Flu Vaccine …

Homepage | Forums | Main Forums | General Discussion | $50 Flu Vaccine …

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      QuietYooper
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 56

We are not paupers and have above-average health-insurance from our employers (BCBS PPO). We got our annual flu vaccines from our primary care physicians a month ago. BCBS denied the coverage and we owe $50 each. I am not sure if this expense is part of our annual deductible, but I have waited on hold with the 800# for over 15-minutes twice now before giving up. We could have gone to CVS or Walgreens for $20 each out-of-pocket.

Why are we charging anyone for a common flu vaccine now??? Yes, M4A will solve tons of problems and yield massive benefits years from now – but why can’t we get urgent vaccinations right today? Preventitive care that hugely reduces costs in the next 12-months? How will this translate to covid vaccinations?

This is fucked. We need to eliminate ANY cost for all common flu and covid vaccines immediately. If Biden/DNC cannot get this done before Valentines Day, it will be as bad as GWB handling 9/11 and BHO handling TARP. Harumph.

HassleCat
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 5,574

That is just shitty. You pay more than full retail by using your PPO. This underlines the national scam that is our healthcare situation.

Joe Shlabotnik
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 908

$50 bucks is 50 bucks. (I know, but…. “up here in Canada”) the flu shot is free to everybody. With the amount of flu shots manufactured and purchased globally each year, I bet each dose ends up only costing about $1.25 to produce.

~ All good things are Wild and Free ~

Mr. Mickeys Mom
      • Total Posts: 4,938

All the healthcare lobbyists influence our legislator’s decisions on a rewards strategy. It’s been this way for a long time. They give citizens the big lead weenie and operate on the profits/rewards strategy.

Yes, it’s time to demand Medicare for All and debt forgiveness for those needing it.

Hell, no... I'm not giving up...

doh1304
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 1,469

But that’s Medicare, you know, that socialized medicine thing that nobody wants.

incognito
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 4,469

and in July (in the middle of this effing pandemic) I had to get a Tdap vaccine (whooping cough, diphtheria, and tetanus for preteens, teens, and adults) because my grand baby was due in August. Supposedly, seniors are silent carriers of pertussis and can unknowingly spread it to vulnerable newborns.
      I went to my Osco drug store for the vaccine, thinking it was covered by Medicare  Plan D because IT WAS <b>SUGGESTED</b> BY MY DIL’S DOCTOR. It wasn’t covered and cost $65 at Osco’s.

BIG PHARMA IS UNETHICAL and greedy. PERIOD

djean111
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 5,534

40%-60% effective in reducing the risk, 29% effective in 2018-2019, the vaccine is changed to try and hit changing flu viruses, and the only large-scale testing I can see is just giving a bunch of seniors flu shots and seeing what happens.  Immunity from side effects, and looks to me like a huge guaranteed money-maker.  I have never had the flu.  This is not a one size fits all thing.

incognito
        Participant
        • Total Posts: 4,469

and don’t plan on ever getting one. I most certainly wouldn’t ever take their new hit or miss formula either. And I most definitely will not take their rushed, not studied COVID-19 vaccine either. Give me a waiver.

I also can’t remember the last time I was actually sick with a cold or the flu. It’s been at least 25 years.

I can see them using seniors as Guinea pigs… after all, they wanted to sacrifice us for their “economy.” I don’t doubt for one second they would “test” a faulty vaccine on seniors.

SOYLENT GREEN.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.