6-year-old boy forced to eat lunch behind a screen because his parents dropped him off 1 minute late

Homepage | Forums | Main Forums | General Discussion | 6-year-old boy forced to eat lunch behind a screen because his parents dropped him off 1 minute late

• Author

eridani
    Donor
    • Total Posts: 4,464
    @eridani

6-year-old boy forced to eat lunch behind a screen because his parents dropped him off 1 minute late

When Nicole came at her son’s lunchbreak, she couldn’t believe what she saw at the school’s cafeteria. Her son was isolated from the rest of the students as a punishment being put through what many would agree was a public humiliation.

“Sometimes Hunter isn’t ready, but most often the tardiness is not his fault. Nicole suffers from osteoporosis, which makes it painful and difficult for her to function, especially in the morning.”

”This is my grandson, Hunter. He’s a little first grader. His momma’s car sometimes doesn’t like to start right up. Sometimes he’s a couple minutes late to school. Yesterday, he was 1 minute late and this is what his momma discovered they do to punish him! They have done this to him 6 times for something that is out of this baby’s control! They make a mockery of him in front of the other students! The principal is responsible for this. His mom found him there, crying, and took him home for the day. Anyone want to help me flood this lady principal with calls telling her how inappropriate this is?”

Hunter’s story changed the way the school handled their detention policies. They designated a supervised classroom so kids wouldn’t be shamed in front of all their schoolmates.

Jesus: Hey, Dad? God: Yes, Son? Jesus: Western civilization followed me home. Can I keep it? God: Certainly not! And put it down this minute--you don't know where it's been! Tom Robbins in Another Roadside Attraction

retired liberal
    Donor
    • Total Posts: 1,829
    @retiredliberal

What is wrong with some people? Apparently for some just being in charge of a fiefdom of children is enough for some to think their word is law without consequence.

We are an arrogant species, believing our fantasy based "facts" are better than the other person's fake facts.

If you are wrong, it will be because you are not cynical enough.

Both major political parties are special interest groups enabling each other for power and money, at the expense of the people they no longer properly serve…

Pam2
    Donor
    • Total Posts: 4,213
    @pam2

What a Nazi school district. Why does 1 minute late need any punishment at all?  WTF.

mindpilot
    • Total Posts: 267
    @mindpilot

Just another example of how kids are being trained to live in an authoritarian regime without question. Absurdly harsh punishments for the most minor infractions are a completely normal and ordinary part of your day, right kids?

Good thing it wasn’t 5 minutes late…that gets you a cuffed beatdown from the SRO.

That moment will be seared into Hunter’s memory forever. He won’t learn to be more punctual; he will learn to hate and retaliate. Later in life, he may become a skilled marksman or learn bomb-making. But far more likely, he will turn his anger and resentment inward.

Disclaimer, I’m not saying this one single incident will cause all that, I’m saying it sets up a pattern and if you want to be creating tomorrow’s mass shooters and suicide victims, this is a good way to lay the groundwork.

Slavery was the legal fiction that people can be property.
    Corporatism is the legal fiction that property can be people.

"If you believe in god, I'm probably smarter than you." -- Tom Leykis

FedUp
    • Total Posts: 266
    @fedup

This is one of those feel good stories where a community rallies around to help a family out. Which is a good thing. The school, we are informed, even changed its detention policy and has created a detention room away from other students. However, if the school wasn’t being run by a relative of Nurse Ratched, Hunter wouldn’t have been mistreated so cruelly in the first place. I hate people who abuse authority, and I especially hate people who abuse children. The principal needs to find another line of work.

Cold Mountain Trail
    • Total Posts: 5,963
    @coldmountaintrail

This story is from March 2015.  So close to 5 years old.

The community involved is super right-wing Grants Pass Ore.

I think further investigation would show that the facts are not quite as advertised in the written story.

But why this story, 4+ years later?

Looks like it was picked up from Facebook.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.