75 y/o life-long Republican leaves "steaming pile" party

Homepage | Forums | Main Forums | General Discussion | 75 y/o life-long Republican leaves "steaming pile" party

• Author

Cold Mountain Trail
    • Total Posts: 4,883
    @coldmountaintrail

Sorechasm
    • Total Posts: 212
    @sorechasm

He speaks for half of America that refuses to side with either party since the Democratic party leaders suffer from similar (though not as extreme) moral decline, while revealing themselves to be just as ethically challenged. Otherwise, why does the  DNC choose ‘Presidential hopefuls’ with such tremendous baggage?

As witnessed in the debates, Tulsi and Bernie shine head and shoulders above all the others in the ethics department.

“Go and tell Alexander that God the Supreme King is never the Author of insolent wrong, but is the Creator of light, of peace, of life, of water, of the body of man and of souls;...what Alexander offers and the gifts he promises are things to me utterly useless;..." Dandamis, a great sannyasi of Taxila.Excerpt From: Yogananda, Paramahansa. “Autobiography of a Yogi.”

djean111
    • Total Posts: 2,412
    @djean111

And many of us have left the steaming pile of a Democratic Party.  Be nice if the wheels came off that party bus and we could dump the “party” apparatus, since, IMO, the parties – well, I am not familiar with the GOP – the Democratic Party now only stands for fund-raising and its rich donors/owners, and does not even bother pretending it has any sort of platform or anything else for the people.  Just money and running against the GOP and then doing what the GOP would do if it does win.

I will not vote for a Vichy Dem. Period. As always, I decide who is a Vichy Dem.

Bernie's ISSUES or Bust!

closeupready
    • Total Posts: 760
    @closeupready

Well, that was most excellent.

My one point of disagreement – he criticizes Trump’s talk of the “American free press” as “enemies of the people”.  But he does not elaborate on that.  I get that’s a simple letter of resignation/deregistration, and that he had more points to make.  However, the “enemies of the people” point synchs with polls showing that the American press is held in super LOW regard, almost as low as the US Congress.  It’s a winning point for Trump, because he doesn’t have to prove it – most of us know how bad the American press is.  And yes, that includes outlets which send their stories to the government for pre-approval.  “Enemies of the people” is hyperbole, not to be taken literally.

Furthermore, look how zealous the American free press is in defending Julian Assange.  Amirite?

The opinions and personal views expressed herein are solely those of the author, and should never be taken seriously.

Ohio Barbarian
    • Total Posts: 7,662
    @ohiobarbarian

No way will I celebrate or thank this guy. He voted for Goldwater, who ran on warmongering and racism. He voted for Ronald Reagan, whose policies led directly to the mess we’re in now. The same Reagan whose slogan was “Make America Great Again.” The same Reagan who made what Poppy Bush called “voodoo economics” the centerpiece of a new kleptocracy.

And he voted for Dubya not once but twice! Voted for war. He can go fuck himself as far as I’m concerned.

We know now that Government by organized money is just as dangerous as Government by organized mob.--Franklin Delano Roosevelt

With Bernie Sanders, we have the receipts. --Nina Turner

GZeusH
      • Total Posts: 1,535
      @gzeush

Although, for a stupid fucker, it sounds like he is starting to wake up.  As far as I’m concerned, if he can memorize some of Bernie’s standard stump speech, understand and internalize it, he may have redeeming social value.

Ohio Barbarian
        @ohiobarbarian

For me, it’s personal. People like him wrecked my life. I will never forgive them.

We know now that Government by organized money is just as dangerous as Government by organized mob.--Franklin Delano Roosevelt

GZeusH
          • Total Posts: 1,535
          @gzeush

They wrecked life for a lot of us, including me.  Since 1980, it’s been a demolition derby with yet another crazed Republican deciding you need to get rammed again.  I like to keep the long view though, that some day enough of them will wise up and realize how screwed over we are.  There’s just so much trickle down that can happen until the overpowering odor of urine causes people to realize they are being pissed upon.

Ohio Barbarian
            @ohiobarbarian

That is wise. I’m just not feeling particularly tolerant today. I suppose this guy is more sympathetic than the pack of Vichy Dem jackals baying at Nina Turner and Susan Sarandon(an actress, for Freya’s sake) today.

3fingerbrown
    Donor
    • Total Posts: 1,560
    @donaldtuohy

So it wasn’t until this long time pile of shit party became steaming did this nimrod decide he’d had enough? Fuck him.

All governments lie to their citizen's, but only Americans believe theirs.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.