88% of Congress On Gas Industry Payroll As Campaign Donations Hit Record Level…

Homepage | Forums | Main Forums | General Discussion | 88% of Congress On Gas Industry Payroll As Campaign Donations Hit Record Level…

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Mr. Mickeys Mom
      • Total Posts: 4,287

Source: Occupy.com

<span style=”color: #0000ff;”>The top 10 recipients of fracking industry contributions are a mix of strong industry supporters and Republican leadership. Rep. Joe Barton (R-TX), chairman emeritus of the House Committee on Energy and Commerce, received the most contributions, raking in $509,447 between the 2004 and 2012 election cycles — over $100,000 more than the next closest recipient, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY), who received $384,700. While serving as chairman of the committee, Rep. Barton sponsored the Energy Policy Act of 2005, which exempted fracking from the Safe Drinking Water Act. Overall, nearly 80 percent of fracking industry contributions went to Republican congressional candidates.</span>

Hell, no... I'm not giving up...

retired liberal
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 3,095

Because that is exactly what this is. Legalized bribery.

We are an arrogant species, believing our fantasy based "facts" are better than the other person's fake facts.
      If you are wrong, it will be because you are not cynical enough.
      Both major political parties are special interest groups enabling each other for power and money, at the expense of the people they no longer properly serve…
      Always wear a proper mask when out and about. The life you save could be both yours and mine.

Mr. Mickeys Mom
      • Total Posts: 4,287

C  I  T  I  Z  E  N  S      U  N  I  T  E  D

Hell, no... I'm not giving up...

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.