9-11 Cliches

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author
      Pam2
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 8,883

I’ve been hearing the phrase “the day that changed the world forever” or “changed America forever” or some such BS.

Did it though? It led to more domestic surveillance.  It did nothing to change our foreign policy. We just doubled down on more meddling and regime change wars in the name of fighting “terrorism”.

Add your own annoying cliches.

Satan
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 5,196

Because there’s a 99.9999% chance that the words that follow it, will be some form of dragonshit justification of fascism.

I  don’t plan on watching anything other than football this weekend. And – just to be on the safe side – I’m keeping the sound off on the games until the opening kickoff, just in case they try to incoporate some warmongering “tributes” into the pre-game shows.

"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable". - John F. Kennedy

gordyfl
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 1,790

I see those two words posted on Facebook many times attached to a picture of the planes crashing into the World Trade Center. None of us will “forget” that day, or for that matter, where we were, so I’m not sure what message they’re trying to convey.

Judging by the people who most often post that meme, I think it’s meant to promote hate, revenge, and war.

Pam2
      Participant

@jamesgordon

Never forget 9-11 but we sure like to forget atrocities we’ve committed, like dropping the A-bomb and torture etc.

retired liberal
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 4,276

We do false flag shit for for fun and profit.

We are an arrogant species, believing our fantasy based "facts" are better than the other person's fake facts.
      If you are wrong, it will be because you are not cynical enough.
      The older we get, the less "Life in Prison" is a deterrent.
      Always wear a proper mask when out and about. The life you save could be both yours and mine.

jbnw
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 5,343

Military propaganda has been VERY good.

Compare how Vietnam veterans were treated to Iraq/Afghanistan veterans. I strongly suspect the differences come from corporate/media propaganda.

Vietnam still had limits on media ownership – Iraq/Afghanistan did not.

Bill Clinton may have done the greatest damage to the United States when he signed the Telecommunications Act of 1996.

3fingerbrown
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 3,711

I’m already sick of the 9/11 shitshow and it isn’t even here yet. I’m sure all the tributes pouring in will not forget to mention the millions we killed since then in the name of “never forget” either!

All governments lie to their citizen's, but only Americans believe theirs.

Satan
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 5,196

Because everything you see will be mostly, well…. this…….

"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable". - John F. Kennedy

Joe Shlabotnik
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 1,108

Hows that working out?

~ All good things are Wild and Free ~

A Simple Game
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 1,091

Of course it changed America.  We no longer hate communists, now we hate terrorists.  Ok, Ok, of course we still hate communists too, but you get the idea.  And since the fall of the Soviet Union that bang didn’t have quite so many bucks associated with it.  Now instead of just the munition suppliers and politicians making all the war money, the oil. gas, and construction industries can get large slices of that pie too!

Pam2
      Participant

I thought if I put the Weather Channel on, I would be safe from 9-11 coverage. Nope.

Blue Meany
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 220

I actually have heard that cliche, but for me 9/11 is a reminder that the government lies–over and over again to justify what they want to do in the first place.
      Consider that in June 2001, there was a G-8 summit in Italy at which Bin Laden plotted to take out Bush and other leaders with an airplane filled with explosives. The intelligence services of Egypt, France and Italy intercepted communications about it and Italy surrounded the meeting with mobile missiles to thwart the attack. Bush knew this, Rice knew this, but they would claim no one could imagine using an airplane as a weapon.
      Even before he was President, Bush had expressed his wish to go to war with Iraq because a) if he were a war president he would have a lot of political capital to spend and b) Saddam plotted to assasinate his father. Cheney, of course, was busy subdividing the oilfields of Iraq through his energy committee even before the attack.
      With regard to the timing of the attack, an Indian reporter in Kandahar reported a few weeks before the attack that everyone in the city knows that there is going to be a war between al-Qaida and the U.S. The only question was who was going to strike first.
      I am not positing a grand conspiracy, although I do not rule it out entirely either. It may be, with regard to the attacks, that the Bush team was just inept and then engaged in coverups to protect themselves from scrutiny. I think, though, that we do not know most of the story and possibly never will. So much of what we have been told is demonstrably false. And, although people seem to have forgotten, Bush’s style was to push lies hard and fast to pursue policies until it was too late to reverse them…and then change the story.

Pam2
      Participant

I just heard something that sounded like low flying jets. Great way to commemorate the day by scaring the shit out of people. I didn’t think I was in the path of any flyover events today.

MizzGrizz
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 3,528

Thankfully my husband is a college football fan and has immersed himself.

B Calm
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 1,105

we lose that many people everyday to the Trump China Virus.

Electrolyte Orchestra
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 386

It actually meant support bloated military budgets for cost-plus contracts to Cheney’s company and assorted neocon buddies.  Blackwater guys were making a month what the actual troops made in a year.

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.