• New Registration

To become a member of JackpineRadicals please see post https://jackpineradicals.com/boards/topic/new-members/

Home Main Forums All Things Bernie/Our Revolution Bernie Sanders and the progressive renaissance of 2018 and 2020

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

▼ Hide Reply Index
6 replies
  • Major Hogwash (3055 posts)
    Profile photo of Major Hogwash Donor

1. Trump and the Republicans have sold out America.

When the Republican voters finally come to their senses next year and realize that the Republicans in Congress have sold them out at the expense of millionaires and billionaires, I think there is going to be a backlash against them.

I don’t know how the Republicans can be so brazenly bold and expect to stay in power after next year’s elections. This tax bill hurts everyone who isn’t a millionaire.

The struggle continues.

Trump moya marionetka ~ Putin  
    • Two way street (2827 posts)
      Profile photo of Two way street Donor

3. Agreed. Republicans know that their sons and daughters who cannot afford now

to go to college, will have to pay higher taxes on the low salaries that they will be making in just a few years.  A progressive renaissance is the answer.  I hope that includes voting out 33% of the Senate that is corporate owned in 2018 and another 33% in 2020 (then again in 2022).  The entire corporate House members, needs to be voted out of office.  They are all up for re-election every 2 years.

Draft Bernie for a People's Movement against Fascism.

5. According to the CBO, this tax bill will give the middle class a few bucks . . .

. . . something around 14% of a tax cut. That sounds great until you find out that by 2027, 10 years in the future, their tax bill will increase 53% from their current tax rate!!!

• Two way street (2827 posts)
          Profile photo of Two way street Donor

6. Yes, just about the time that their sons and daughters go out into the workforce

to make close to minimum wage their taxes will go up.  Child tax credit ends for the families of today when the children reach the age of 18; age 10 now, Republican tax bill kicks in on both the parents and the new workers also.  It will be a double whammy.   They as well as people voting from the Left know what is coming.

Draft Bernie for a People's Movement against Fascism.
  • Fordfairlanestl (1378 posts)
    Profile photo of Fordfairlanestl

2. If this don't put us over the top

regarding a revolution, nothing will.

There is no one like Bernie Sanders. NO ONE!!! I ONLY vote for grass root "progressive" politicians that support: "Single Payer", "Tuition Free College",and "15 bucks an hour". The cause is right!!  The time is NOW!!! That is all.....   Have a great day.

4. I don't know how many times I have said that very thing in the past.

But, we still have troops in Iraq, we still have troops in Afghanistan, and now we have troops in Syria.

I read an article yesterday that said that now the US is selling anti-tank weapons to Ukraine.

Every time that I think “oh my gawd, this has to wake the people up, who will put a stop to it”, it just keeps going on and on and on, like the Energizer rabbit. The shit never ends.