Bernie Sanders staffs up for 2020

Homepage | Forums | Main Forums | 2020 Elections | President | Bernie Sanders staffs up for 2020

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      leftcoast mountains
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 4,818

Holly Otterbein

1/14/2019

Bernie Sanders is adding firepower to his political team ahead of a potential 2020 campaign, locking down digital alumni who were key to his surprise performance in 2016 and recruiting the media production company that helped launch Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez to prominence.

The flurry of activity, detailed by four people familiar with the campaign’s thinking, is the latest sign that the Vermont senator is closing in on a decision on a second run for the White House.

Means of Production, the filmmaking cooperative that created the viral campaign video that propelled Ocasio-Cortez’s House campaign, is in talks with the Sanders team about a major role in 2020. And two people who powered Sanders’ record-breaking small-dollar fundraising operation in 2016 have agreed to join a subsequent presidential bid if it materializes, according to a Sanders campaign aide: Tim Tagaris and Robin Curran, his digital fundraising director and digital production director in 2016, respectively.

The aide said another pair that have helped Sanders build a digital media juggernaut out of his Senate office — media producer Armand Aviram and digital director Georgia Parke — are likely to be part of his 2020 team, too.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/01/14/bernie-sanders-campaign-2020-election-1098795

Well I decided to post this article even though in the end they do mention the so called “scandal”. I said earlier that I wouldn’t post any article that mentioned it. But over all the article is positive even for Politico. At least to me gearing up for a 2020 run is definitely positive!

vote for nobody

Ohio Barbarian
      • Total Posts: 17,068

I tried to post this earlier but the hamsters rejected it. Glad you were able to. As for Politico, they are inside-the-Beltway corporatist shills all the way and will always throw mud at Bernie.

It is better to vote for what you want and not get it than to vote for what you don't want and get it.--Eugene Debs

Show me a man that gets rich by being a politician, and I'll show you a crook.--Harry Truman

Land of Enchantment
      Keymaster
      • Total Posts: 741

No doubt Bernie is gearing up! His campaign will be better organized and coordinated this time around which should make a yuge difference in the long run. He know the ropes now, the ground game is light years ahead of anyone else contemplating running (on the D side) and the grassroots are still with him. Run Bernie Run!!!

“Hope is the feathered thing that perches in your heart.” ~ Emily Dickinson

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.