Judi Lynn (7983 posts)November 13, 2017 at 8:40 pm
Billionaire Republican donor Sheldon Adelson just publicly disavowed Steve Banno
13 NOV 2017 AT 21:00 ET
Sheldon Adelson, a Las Vegas casino magnate and well-known GOP megadonor, is leaving former White House aide Steve Bannon over his attacks on Republican incumbents.GloriaMundi, PADemD, A little weird and 2 othersLaaDeeDaaVA, aspirant like this
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Judi Lynn (7983 posts) (Reply to original post) November 13, 2017 at 8:50 pm
1. Report: Adelson splits with Bannon over 2018 efforts
Report: Adelson splits with Bannon over 2018 efforts
BY OLIVIA BEAVERS – 11/13/17 11:19 PM EST
GOP megadonor and Las Vegas casino owner Sheldon Adelson is reportedly breaking with ex-Trumpp adviser Stephen Bannon and switching his support to Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) over Bannon’s push to challenge Republican incumbents in 2018.
“The Adelsons will not be supporting Steve Bannon’s efforts,” spokesman Andy Abboud told Politico in a report published Monday.
“They are supporting Mitch McConnell 100 percent. For anyone to infer anything otherwise is wrong,” he added, nearly a month after Adelson reportedly met with President Trump’s former chief strategist in Washington, D.C.
bemildred (5860 posts) (Reply to original post) November 14, 2017 at 12:12 am
2. I wouldn't have thought they were close in the first place.It ain't the things you don't know that hurts you, it's the things you know that ain't so.
djean111 (5629 posts) (Reply to original post) November 14, 2017 at 2:45 am
3. Because the billionaires really really do run this country.
Except for a very few, it seems politicians are just spokesmodels. They should wear NASCAR jackets with patches for their owners and sponsors.
This is just a comment on how things work. I assume that sometime today I will be called a Bannonista. It is a certainty that if anyone does that, they are SV material.
- *Obligatory disclaimer - when I say "Democratic Party" I mean the DNC - the Clintons and the un-elected people and the consultants and the lobbyists and the corporations who actually run things. The people who work and vote and are registered as "D" are no more the actual party than Trekkies are Star Trek. Extra credit - the Democratic Party gets to actually fuck up your life. When you vote for it.
coderEmeritus (523 posts) (Reply to djean111 - post #3) November 14, 2017 at 6:41 am
4. "They should wear NASCAR jackets with patches for their owners and sponsors."
Funny but sadly true.
Satan (3169 posts) (Reply to original post) November 14, 2017 at 8:14 am
5. Ironic that they were ever friends in the first place
I realize Sheldon Adelson is in the Likud extremist camp, but you would think he would draw the line at associating with Nazis.Fuck Kamala Harris. Fuck Borey Crooker. Fuck Joy Reid. And FUCK Hillary Clinton & her husband for destroying the Demoncratic Party.
peacecorps (4167 posts) (Reply to original post) November 14, 2017 at 3:29 pm
6. Anything that weakens Bannon and his band of RW ethno-nationalists and
ultra-Trump supporters is a good thing.