Caitlin Johnstone: Twenty-One Thoughts On The Persecution Of Julian Assange
- Total Posts: 376
1. I write a lot about the plight of Julian Assange for the same reason I write a lot about the Iraq invasion: his persecution, when sincerely examined, exposes undeniable proof that we are ruled by a transnational power establishment which is immoral and dishonest to its core.
2. Assange started a leak outlet on the premise that corrupt and unaccountable power is a problem in our world, and that the problem can be fought with the light of truth. Corrupt and unaccountable power has responded by detaining, silencing and smearing him. The persecution of Assange has proved his thesis about the world absolutely correct.
3. Anyone who offends the US-centralized empire will find themselves subject to a trial by media, and the media is owned by the same plutocratic class which owns the empire. To believe what mass media news outlets tell you about those who stand up to imperial power is to ignore reality…
21. The persecution of Assange is essentially a question that mankind is asking itself: do we want to (A) continue down the path of omnicidal, ecocidal Orwellian dystopia, or do we want to (B) pull up and away from that trajectory and shrug off the oppressive power establishment which is driving us toward either total extinction or total enslavement? So far, B is the answer we’ve been giving ourselves to that question. But, as long as we switch before it’s too late, we can always change our answer.
December 17, 2018 at 10:09 PM #1668elias39Participant
- Total Posts: 5,324
It’s happening all around us. Mob warfare on Capitol Hill. Murder in embassies. Wars against imaginary foes.
(When I hit the ‘rec’ button, it changed to an ‘un-rec’ button. I didn’t ‘unrec’ this OP. Just so you know..)
December 18, 2018 at 3:56 PM #2022PasticheParticipant
- Total Posts: 382
Everytime anyone clicks on JPRec, it goes to unJPRec.
“We’re about to have an election in which Incompetent A is going to be contesting with Incompetent B when both of them have demonstrated nothing remotely like any shred of adequacy to the scope of the problems we face.”
December 17, 2018 at 11:54 PM #17103fingerbrownParticipant
- Total Posts: 3,522
Love Caitlin Johnstone!
All governments lie to their citizen's, but only Americans believe theirs.
December 18, 2018 at 1:53 AM #175499th MonkeyParticipant
- Total Posts: 204
I cannot say it enough. Free Assange!
Julian is forcing the essential issue of our time.
December 18, 2018 at 5:53 AM #1778
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.