Cenk Uygur – Biggest Sucker of 2020 – Jamarl Thomas

Homepage | Forums | Main Forums | General Discussion | Cenk Uygur – Biggest Sucker of 2020 – Jamarl Thomas

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      ThouArtThat
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 4,543

“Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable."
      - John F. Kennedy

"The further a society drifts from the truth the more it will hate those who speak it."
      - George Orwell

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
      - Jiddu Krishnamurti

"Sometimes a pessimist is only an optimist with extra information."
      - Idries Shah

"A riot is the language of the unheard."
      - Martin Luther King

closeupready
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 2,173

Also, there’s a comment (currently the 2nd comment in the list of comments) on the Youtube page (click the link in the bottom right corner of the video) that puts it succinctly, and to paraphrase:

‘Cenk is an actor, playing the part of “progressive” so as to short-circuit progressive energy. The elites who fund TYT to the tune of $20 Million a pop make that his job.’

Another terms it “controlled opposition”. That sums it up even better.

The opinions and personal views expressed herein are solely those of the author, and should never be taken seriously.

ThouArtThat
        Participant
        • Total Posts: 4,543

@closeupreadyup

Hi cur,

Yep – everywhere I look, all I find is fraud, deception and corruption. It is the defining attribute of the US. One of my favorite social critics is Jim Kunstler and his succinct witticism for our times is simply this:

“America, nothing matters and anything goes.”

For me, that is a tidy summary of my experience from this corner of the world.

TAT

“Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable."
        - John F. Kennedy

"The further a society drifts from the truth the more it will hate those who speak it."
        - George Orwell

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
        - Jiddu Krishnamurti

"Sometimes a pessimist is only an optimist with extra information."
        - Idries Shah

"A riot is the language of the unheard."
        - Martin Luther King

djean111
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 5,827

Cenk is doing just fine.  Likely he was merely used by the Democratic Party, but was paid very well.  But Cenk is a rich and happy man.  And one of the myriad reasons why it is abysmally stupid to vote blue no matter who and expect your life to get better.  Unless you are already rich.

America is not a country, it's just a business. (Brad Pitt, Killing Them Softly)

Jan Boehmerman
      • Total Posts: 4,139
      salemcourt
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 2,630
      Earthartist
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 1,328

I had a twitter fight over Libya this am the guy was telling me how horrid it was(before we bombed it to nothing). He sent me an article the sources were CNN HRW and Amnesty, I actually got a good chuckle out of that. Then he sent some comment that made no sense but then I looked at his name and it was about conspiracy so I asked if he new where the term came from? Still no response

I see all of these fake liberals as dnc, cia ,oligarch plants

I don’t know about the rest of you but I am seeing these kind of people popping up on both twitter and face book a lot

Earthartist

Babel 17
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 4,631

Yadda yadda yadda, before too long you’re in the position of having supported a Democrat who committed war crimes, and is now very tight with billionaire globalists, and you can either renounce your support, start rationalizing it, or continue commentating while being in denial of those Democrats having had a sea change.

Uygur has adopted the MO of Rachel Maddow. In a way his behavior is more maddening, because he had her as a warning of how supposedly progressive commentators get coopted by the establishment.

Ohio Barbarian
      • Total Posts: 19,954

Jamarl’s great when he doesn’t ramble and beat around the bush. In fact, this is the first time I’ve seen him not do that, and I’m glad to see it. He went straight to the point, stayed on it, and elucidated it.

He’s also correct. There is no reason for the Democratic Party to take Democratic voters seriously so long as those stupid suckers keep voting for them no matter what. Yes, that means some of you here. Sorry, but that’s how I see it. It’s as plain as the sunrise on a clear day at sea. Cenk Uygur and all of the other talking heads on alternative media who urged voting for the blue no matter who–that’s you, Mike Figueroda; that’s you, David Doel; all of the progressive Democratic politicians like Bernie and AOC who pushed voting Democrat no matter who–that’s you as well.

Cowardice commands no leverage. Positive change never happens without risk, without courage, without organization, without early defeats. There are way too many people who seem to think if they just argue persuasively enough or ask nicely and reasonably enough, or be loyal enough, then the corrupt oligarchs who rule us will give in. I don’t know where they get that idea. Wishful thinking, perhaps. Too easy of a life, maybe. I don’t know.

It is better to vote for what you want and not get it than to vote for what you don't want and get it.--Eugene Debs

You can jail a revolutionary, but you can't jail the revolution.--Fred Hampton

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.