leftcoastmountains (2242 posts)May 19, 2017 at 12:24 pm
Chelsea Manning Free! Here Are Crimes She Revealed/JDS
Good video. Good rant Jimmy.twenty, Pam, snot and 10 others3FingerBrown, Hydra, roody, Enthusiast, Baba OhReally, Jan Boehmermann, broiles, Mom Cat, resist99, jwirr like this#CalExit #Trumpdoesn'tpaytaxeswhyshouldwe
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
snot (751 posts) (Reply to original post) May 19, 2017 at 12:39 pm
1. Ok, I know I'm a broken record, but
I’d love to have a list of those crimes, but why do I have to sit through a 30 min. video to get it?
I realize these people need to make a living, but different people take in info in different ways . . . .There is no responsibility, without freedom; no freedom, without power; no power, without knowledge; no knowledge, without love.
resist99 (632 posts) (Reply to snot - post #1) May 19, 2017 at 1:29 pm
3. I think you missed it.
30 seconds in, it shows the article he gets the information from. Here is a link.
I think this has everything he talked about. Hope you like it.My first wish is to see this plague of mankind, war, banished from the earth. -George Washington ... We could start by cutting the Defense Budget and stopping all the war propaganda.
roguevalley (1408 posts) (Reply to resist99 - post #3) May 19, 2017 at 1:44 pm
5. get this:
Secretary General’s DNA.
According to the “National Humint Collection Directive,” a secret document that was signed by Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and published by WikiLeaks, US diplomats were authorized to collect “biometric” and other sensitive information from top UN officials as well as UN representatives from other nations. The leaked documents show that “biometric data” specifically included samples of the officials’ DNA, among other forms of personally identifying information. They also ordered diplomats to collect credit card information and secure passwords. These activities contravene the 1946 UN Convention (9).Remember, remember, the Fifth of November, the Gunpowder treason and plot! I know of no reason why the Gunpowder treason should ever be forgot! -V
snot (751 posts) (Reply to resist99 - post #3) May 19, 2017 at 9:30 pm
9. Thank you!There is no responsibility, without freedom; no freedom, without power; no power, without knowledge; no knowledge, without love.
leveymg (2217 posts) (Reply to snot - post #1) May 19, 2017 at 1:40 pm
4. I agree with you. I don't have time to sit through a video. Here's an article
Somehow, I don’t think this is anywhere close to a complete account, but here’s an analysis with footnotes of source articles for further reading: http://www.counterpunch.org/2013/08/21/what-bradley-manning-revealed/
Official policy to ignore coalition and contractor child trafficking and torture, and murders of journalists in Iraq and Afghanistan
Hillary’s State Dept rehired Blackwater despite contractor convictions for multiple crimes
Hillary’s State Dept scuttled minimum wage law in Haiti opposed by US corporations such as Nike – $5/day.
US intel systematically bugged the UN, State Dept personnel enlisted as spies on UN delegations
Guantanamo prison has held mostly innocent people and low-level operatives
US drones killed dozens of civilians in Yemen – US pressured Yemen’s President to lie that casualties were caused by his own Air Force.
Japanese and US gov’ts warned in advance about vulnerabilities of Fukushima to seismic/tsunamis – both hid the information.
Known Egyptian torturers received training from the FBI in Quantico, Virginia.
(1) Alex Spillius, “Wikileaks: Iraq War Logs show US ignored torture allegations,” Telegraph, October 22, 2010. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/iraq/8082223/Wikileaks-Iraq-War-Logs-show-US-ignored-torture-allegations.html
(2) Foreign contractors hired Afghan ‘dancing boys’, WikiLeaks cable reveals,” guardian.co.uk, December 2, 2010, http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/dec/02/foreign-contractors-hired-dancing-boys
(3) Scott Shane and Benjamin Weiser, “The Guatanamo Files: Judging Detainees’ Risk, Often With Flawed Evidence,” New York Times, April 24, 2011, http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/25/world/guantanamo-files-flawed-evidence-for-assessing-risk.html; “US embassy cables: Don’t pursue Guantánamo criminal case, says Spanish attorney general,” guardian.co.uk, December 1, 2010, http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/us-embassy-cables-documents/202776 (4) Iraq War Logs Reveal 15,000 Previously Unlisted Civilian Deaths,” guardian.co.uk, October 22, 2010, http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/oct/22/true-civilian-body-count-iraq (5) Steven Clarke and Joseph Bamat, “Leaked video shows US military killing of civilians, Reuters staff,” France 24, July 27, 2010, http://www.france24.com/en/20100406-leaked-video-shows-us-military-killing-civilians-reuters-staff (6) Robert Johnson, “WIKILEAKS: U.S. Fought to Lower Minimum Wage in Haiti So Hanes and Levis Would Stay Cheap,” Business Insider, June 3, 2011, http://www.businessinsider.com/wikileaks-haiti-minimum-wage-the-nation-2011-6 (7) Gregory White, “This is the Wikileak That Sparked The Tunisian Crisis, Business Insider, January 14, 2011, http://www.businessinsider.com/tunisia-wikileaks-2011-1 (8) Daniel Tencer, “Cables: FBI trained Egypt’s state security ‘torturers,” The Raw Story, February 9, 2011, http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/02/09/cables-fbi-trained-egypt-torturers/ (9) Gerri Peev, “Hillary Clinton ordered U.S. diplomats to spy on UN leaders,” The Daily Mail, November 29, 2010, http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1333920/WikiLeaks-Hillary-Clinton-ordered-U-S-diplomats-spy-UN-leaders.html (10) “Japan Earthquake 2011: WikiLeaks Reveals Government Warned About Nuclear Plant Safety in 2008,” Huffington Post, March 16, 2011, http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/03/16/japan-earthquake-nuclear-warning-wikileaks_n_836529.html (11) “Cable reveals US behind airstrike that killed 21 children in Yemen,” The Raw Story, December 2, 2010, http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2010/12/02/cable-reveals-airstrike-killed-21-children-yemen
snot (751 posts) (Reply to leveymg - post #4) May 19, 2017 at 9:31 pm
ThouArtThat (3689 posts) (Reply to original post) May 19, 2017 at 1:09 pm
2. No Criminal Empire Tolerates Exposure Of Nefarious Enterprises
Always Remember – In America Today – Power Corrupts and Money Corrupts Absolutely."In America Today, Power Corrupts and Money Corrupts Absolutely" - Anonymous
Enthusiast (7191 posts) (Reply to ThouArtThat - post #2) May 19, 2017 at 3:06 pm
6. Precisely."The NSA’s capability at any time could be turned around on the American people, and no American would have any privacy left, such is the capability to monitor everything. There would be no place to hide." Frank Church
Peace Patriot (1593 posts) (Reply to original post) May 19, 2017 at 3:15 pm
7. I took the time to watch the whole vid & believe me, it's worth it!
And you know why? Because Jimmy Dore has a CONSCIENCE and speaks of these horrors that our government has committed – and that Chelsea Manning revealed – with appropriate emotion, anger and outrage. Just reading this stuff is one thing. But having a person of Jimmy Dore’s humanity chronicle these revelations helps to break through our numbness. And who among us has not felt numbness – disempowerment, depression, the need for escape, the need to forget and “get on with our lives,” if not nausea and vomiting – when confronted with the realities of our government and the horrors COMMITTED IN OUR NAME?
The wonder of Jimmy Dore is that he keeps the flame burning! He focuses on what’s important and re-awakens us from the sickness of it all, from the despair of it all and from our self-involvement, which is perhaps necessary, given the load we have to bear, but cannot be permitted to dull our consciences and put us back to sleep. Yeah, do get some sleep, friends. Do take care of yourselves, especially if you are involved in actively opposing war, torture and massive theft. It’s not all up to you! We need to deal with this collectively – as Bernie Sanders so often said. You can’t do it alone. If you freak out or go numb, take a break. And then listen to this great human being, Jimmy Dore, speak the truth – that beautiful rare thing.
Hydra (330 posts) (Reply to Peace Patriot - post #7) May 19, 2017 at 8:37 pm
8. I wish we could rec posts
And you’re right, it’s easy to get numb to absurd level of evil we are seeing…but I think for some of us the numbness comes from trying to stop this at the time and having been stabbed in the back by the people who were supposed to be representing us.
snot (751 posts) (Reply to Peace Patriot - post #7) May 19, 2017 at 9:36 pm
11. I appreciate that.
It’s just that for me, the emotions can be overwhelming, so I prefer to take in the facts in in as succinct and cut-and-dried a form as possible (and focus my energy on trying to deploy them somehow).