Clinton Foundation cash flow continues to drop years after 2016 election loss

Homepage | Forums | Main Forums | General Discussion | Clinton Foundation cash flow continues to drop years after 2016 election loss

• Author

JonLP
    Donor
    • Total Posts: 875
    @jonlp

Cash flow to the Clinton Foundation continues to plummet, leaving the organization in the red for a second straight year after Hillary Clinton’s unsuccessful bid against President Donald Trump in the 2016 presidential election, newly released tax returns reveal. The Clinton Foundation’s $30.7 million revenue last year is less than half the $62.9 million it raised in 2016 as Clinton was at the height of her presidential campaign. Each of the two years since Clinton’s loss in the 2016 election has seen the organization’s revenue drop to record lows, raising less than any fiscal year in more than a decade — a sharp contrast to the $249 million raised during Clinton’s first year as secretary of state. The foundation received less money from fundraising events and its service programs last year compared to previous years but kept investing tens of millions in the programs. Paid speeches accounted for $369,899 of the foundation’s intake, a mild uptick from the $297,976 it received in 2017 but a huge drop from $3.6 million in 2014. The foundation continued to chip away at its savings, burning more cash than it raised in 2018. With revenue of $30.7 million, it spent $47.5 million last year on payroll, grants and promotion, among other items. It also scaled back spending on domestic grants and foreign activities compared to the prior year, but spent more in 2018 on advertising, promotions and fundraising efforts.

https://www.opensecrets.org/news/2019/11/clinton-foundation-cash-flow-drop/#utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=twitt_clinton-foundation-drop-11/15/19

Tulsi Gabbard - "Not only are they saying that about me, they are basically sending this message out to every veteran in this country, every service member, every American, anyone watching at home fighting for peace and who was calling for an end to these regime change wars ... they are saying that you are also a Russian asset, that you are also a traitor to this country,"

GZeusH
    • Total Posts: 1,552
    @gzeush

I don’t think that they will have to “chip away at its savings” as much this year, what with Jeffrey Epstein’s Lolita Express going out of business.

djean111
    • Total Posts: 2,453
    @djean111

The Clinton Laundromat.  Also the Clintons cannot sell as much influence (that we know of) at this point in time.  Their poorly attended concert tour might have been a clue.

I will not vote for a Vichy Dem. Period. As always, I decide who is a Vichy Dem.

Bernie's ISSUES or Bust!

Mr. Mickeys Mom
    • Total Posts: 1,630
    @mrmickeysmom

Hey…. They always have “1200 President Clinton Avenue” to memorialize their many patrons from whom they’ve taken SOOOOOOOOOO much!

Hell, no... I'm not giving up...

NJCher
    Donor
    • Total Posts: 338
    @njcher

so glad you posted this. I was researching it the other day and didn’t really come up with much. I was seeking proof that this foundation is mainly a slush fund. The difference in speaking fees from 2014 to now is incredible!!

Thanks JonLP.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.