Could it be Hillary again in 2020?

Homepage | Forums | Main Forums | General Discussion | Could it be Hillary again in 2020?

• Author

3fingerbrown
    Donor
    • Total Posts: 1,575
    @donaldtuohy

It just seems a matter of time before Biden completely self-destructs and is out, and with the way we are finding more and more lies/fibs/old videos/statements from Warren exposing her BS, could this be the opportunity Her Queenness has been waiting(or plotting) for? I can’t think of anyone else the dem leadership would trust other than Herself. Food for thought…

All governments lie to their citizen's, but only Americans believe theirs.

KenTankerous
    • Total Posts: 517
    @kentankerous

The fact that she lost to a reality show con man might make a difference. But of course she could cry Russia….. I just don’t know. I’ll put my energy into getting a commanding lead for Bernie.

"If we define an American fascist as one who in case of conflict puts money and power ahead of human beings, then there are undoubtedly several million fascists in the United States."
    - Henry A. Wallace

FloridaProg
    • Total Posts: 180
    @floridaprog

I said a week or so ago that I still haven’t discounted her jumping into the race in order to “save the party and the country”. The hubris with her is disgusting. Then again, watching her ego get absolutely crushed by losing again would be fun to watch provided I could turn back the clock and get a better end result.

HassleCat
      • Total Posts: 1,448
      @hasslecat

If She runs again, I will vote against Her, perhaps even to the crazy extent of voting for Trump. I have given a lot of time, energy and money to the Democratic Party over the years. If they Hillary me, I might lose it completely.

Son of a Sailor
    • Total Posts: 10
    @sonofasailor

I’m convinced that’s the endgame.

Satan
    • Total Posts: 1,554
    @satan

Hillary or Biden…. what’s the difference?

Both have lost twice already, both subscribe to the same set of fucked up, right wing, corporatism & warmongering.

Neither one can beat the Orange Asshole, or even win an honest primary season.

I didn't refuse to vote for Hillary Clinton because any goddamned Russian told me to. I refused to vote for her because she is a warmongering, election stealing, Goldman Sachs fellating, Republican WHORE. No offense to sex workers.

algernon
    • Total Posts: 457
    @algernon

How could Hillary Clinton be a good replacement for Elizabeth Warren, at the side of Bernie Sanders and the movement left?  You figure that heart-felt feeling is fake?

Do you presuppose that Elizabeth Warren and Hillary Clinton are politically identical, stand for the identical things, except that Elizabeth Warren is even more of a weasel?

Really?  Are you suggesting that nobody has Bernie Sanders’ back, that Bernie Sanders hasn’t made any impact at all on politicians like Warren, so outside of “Bernie” all is nihilistic void?

FloridaProg
      • Total Posts: 180
      @floridaprog

I’m not ever going to vote for Warren, if that’s what you’re getting at.

algernon
        @algernon

I don’t give a shit about how you vote if it were a matchup between Warren vs Trump.

I don’t give a shit if you can or can’t see a difference.

I just post my thoughts.

PTTP
      • Total Posts: 98
      @pttp

“outside of “Bernie” all is nihilistic void”

^^^THIS

PowerToThePeople!  Bernie or Bust 2020!

algernon
        @algernon

And yet, it’s an outrageous idea, that all that some politician stands for doesn’t exist if he/she is dead.

That makes a politician to be God, and in no way Sanders pretends to be God.

3fingerbrown
      Donor
      • Total Posts: 1,575
      @donaldtuohy

Relax, no need to get salty. This wasn’t meant as anti-Warren, Biden, or anyone else, just wondering what the democrats plan C is if their top 2 candidates end up out of the race, for whatever reason, and the fact that Hillary is making the rounds again.

All governments lie to their citizen's, but only Americans believe theirs.

djean111
      • Total Posts: 2,442
      @djean111

No one is suggesting that Hillary would be a good replacement for anything.   Just speculation about what Hillary and her DNC might do.  Since the DNC is quite clear that they can name whoever they want to name, because democracy has fuck-all to do with their primary process, there are all kinds of things that could happen.

When there are so very many folks who care only about party registration and Trump!!!!  Russia!!!, there is no telling what the DNC might decide to do.  And no, I do not believe Warren has Bernie’s back, not at all.  Warren is not a progressive, and, IMO, Warren would endorse Biden, not Bernie, if she was asked to endorse someone today.

And I sincerely doubt, and I mean this in the nicest way possible, that anyone gives a shit if you give a shit.  Although you do seem a tiny bit annoyed.  A matchup between Warren and Trump – you see, it is not a zero sum game.  Although that is what is being pushed.  One can vote for Trump or Warren or Green or no one.  Why the implied necessity that we must choose between only two people we do not want as president?  I guess the only people who think that way are party followers.  Really, things look completely different to those of us who do not belong to the Democratic Party.  Bigger world or something!

I will not vote for a Vichy Dem. Period. As always, I decide who is a Vichy Dem.

Bernie's ISSUES or Bust!

Snort McDork
    Donor
    • Total Posts: 2,345
    @snortmcdork

Then Bernie would clearly get the nomination. Her “Queenness” would be the laughing stock of the country and wouldn’t go anywhere. You talk about her getting only a “half-full” gymnasium of supporters? She’d be lucky to get 10 people to show up. I don’t know who’s floating this trial balloon of her getting in the race, but it would be clear the DNC is desperate and willing enough to go to the bottom of the barrel for their leader. The country would not buy it. There would be only one thing she could run for:

jbnw
    Donor
    • Total Posts: 573
    @jbnw

Of course, she basically owns the DNC.

Cold Mountain Trail
    • Total Posts: 4,964
    @coldmountaintrail

bernie or bust

Piperay
    • Total Posts: 123
    @piperay

If HER wants the nomination since she owns the DNC she’ll get it but the Queen will lose again and still blame everyone but HERself!

Bernie Sanders 2020

bazukhov
    • Total Posts: 1,416
    @bazukhov

No.   She’s done.

Tell me, great captain, how do the angels sleep when the devil leaves his porch light on? Tom Waites

Segami
      • Total Posts: 3,308
      @segami

Yup…

Medicare For All | The Gold Standard Health Care Plan

davidpdx
    • Total Posts: 286
    @davidpdx

@bazukhov I agree totally. This is conspiracy theory stuff.

American living abroad in South Korea and a proud progressive.

jerry611
    • Total Posts: 497
    @jerry611

This is starting to sound like we are that lover that keeps going back to the abusive ex.

Going back to Hillary will be this party waving the white flag. It signals that we have nothing else other than the Clintons.

incognito
    Donor
    • Total Posts: 1,902
    @incognito

I don’t think it was an accident or something ‘out of the blue’ that Trump Tweeted that Clinton should run.

Remember, all these parasites are FRIENDS. Bill probably called Donald and asked him to float this balloon so they could get a feel from reactions to it. Biden’s going to be gone soon. Warren cannot beat Trump or Bernie, IMCPO.

Bernie can kick Trump’s ass from here to Timbuktu, but the corrupt DNC can’t allow Bernie in the WH, so they would rather run the Warmongering Felon and lose to Trump than allow Bernie a win.

Just my useless 2 cents. :)

Ohio Barbarian
      • Total Posts: 7,728
      @ohiobarbarian

If Trump tweeted it, then it’s at least half-accidental by definition. The man is an idiot with no strategy, only a quest for daily ratings.

We know now that Government by organized money is just as dangerous as Government by organized mob.--Franklin Delano Roosevelt

With Bernie Sanders, we have the receipts. --Nina Turner

Average Gazoo
    • Total Posts: 321
    @averagegazoo

Entirely possible and some beltway types have speculated about this.

Hard to believe that Biden would be able to handle the campaign and the debates. Meanwhile Hillary never went into retirement, still pushing out excuses and conspiracy theories about how Her lost in 2016.  Biden makes sense as the placeholder and Warren has staff from the Clinton machine.

CNN and Fox have covered the speculation in the last 24 hours. Also:
    https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019/10/steve-bannon-hillary-clinton-2020

Be the Change

game meat
    • Total Posts: 828
    @gamemeat

She teased the possibility and then played it off as a joke. It is a joke, but it’s in poor taste. Some things are too horrific to translate well into humor: childhood cancer and Hillary Clinton running for president again are but two examples.

She was clearly testing the waters to see how it would be received. She feels entitled to the presidency, still insisting she actually won. If she thinks she has ANY chance, she’ll join the fray, no doubt about it. The condemnation must be swift and merciless.

HubHeaver
    • Total Posts: 235
    @hubheaver

I checked the situation over at SV to get a feel for what they are thinking.  The “Radical Hillarians” seem to have fallen silent–perhaps “waiting for guidance” to use one of their phrases.

We have to keep in mind the fact that she owns the DNC.  She has veto power over what they do.

What we have seen so far has the look and feel of being orchestrated–much like the Republican primaries of 1968.  In the beginning Nixon was an afterthought.  His previous two forays into elective office (1960 and 1962) ended in defeat.  To make matters worse, he showed himself to be a very sore loser going so far as to promise the press corp they “wouldn’t have Dick Nixon to kick around anymore”.  Rockefeller got a divorce which effectively ended his national political aspirations.  Scranton wouldn’t get off the fence and the then front-runner Romney got brainwashed.  So then, Nixon didn’t look that bad.  A little polishing here and there and they had a bright and shiny new Candidate.

My fear is that Hillary sees this as her shining path, her paved path in the woods.

Page Not Found

Satan
      @satan

Funny thing about George Romney is that he was ever a front runner to begin with. Not because he was Mormon, but because he was born in Mexico, and thus ineligible under the Constitution. But as far as I can remember, the issue was never raised on the campaign trail. Probably because George was a “white” Mexican (his grandfather left Utah, rather than give up his spare wives, when the LDS church had to officially denounce polygamy, in order for Utah to gain statehood) All the more reason why Mittens’ “brownface” appearance on the Spanish speaking Univision network in 2012 was ridiculous ironic overkill. He actually HAD Mexican roots, and didn’t need to fake it!

Yes, the “Mexican Romneys” referred to on Arrested Development were actually a real thing.

I didn't refuse to vote for Hillary Clinton because any goddamned Russian told me to. I refused to vote for her because she is a warmongering, election stealing, Goldman Sachs fellating, Republican WHORE. No offense to sex workers.

HubHeaver
        • Total Posts: 235
        @hubheaver

They were going to try to finesse the citizenship question.  His parents were born in the Territory of Utah and as such could claim US birthright citizenship.  They then could confer that birthright onto their son George.  A real sticky question that became moot when George claimed brainwashing by the US Army.

Page Not Found

Babel 17
    Donor
    • Total Posts: 1,966
    @babel17

I agree with the theory that Clinton can only periodically look acceptable in front of the cameras due to her being on a cocktail of drugs that requires cycling. Not to mention what she gets done to her face. IIRC it was less than a year ago that she was on stage, coughing away, and looking like a bag of moldy potatoes.

She was physically unfit to be President in 2016 and imo she’s unfit in 2019 to even intermittently campaign to any kind of a reasonable standard.

The case is that she nurses a fantasy of being drafted as the nominee. You know, Biden might be compelled to drop out, and “things could happen” at any time to Warren. I think she takes it as a given that the establishment would side with her against Sanders, and she probably sees the rest as not worthy of carrying her and Bill’s bags.

https://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/24/us/politics/24clinton.html

“We all remember Bobby Kennedy was assassinated in June in California.”

https://nypost.com/2012/09/03/bill-clinton-made-insensitive-race-jab-about-obama-in-2008/

“A few years ago, this guy would have been carrying our bags.”

Edit:

https://www.tulsi2020.com/

Stockholmer
    • Total Posts: 166
    @stockholmer

LOL, if this bitch gets into the race, I will start to post a lot as ……..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNqDFiZntjQ

Betty Karlson
      • Total Posts: 141
      @bettykarlson

I thought you might like this excellent metaphoric summary of the 2016 Hillary campaign.

Her sudden collapse in early September 2016 is depicted at 5:30

Utopian Leftist
    • Total Posts: 283
    @utopianleftist

I’ve said all along that, just like Ahnolt, HER WILL BE BACK!

I am finally and quite happily, ready to say, I was wrong.

We may not be safe from her ungodly spawn Helsea, but Murika has dodged the Clinton bullet. For now.

xyzse
    • Total Posts: 938
    @xyzse

Well, obviously she thinks she won, so she’s saying she’ll “Beat Him Again“.

She’s such a legend on her own mind.

RufusTFirefly
    • Total Posts: 1,121
    @rufustfirefly

This sounds like one of those macabre cautionary tales that German parents used to tell their children in order to make them clean their plates.

“If you don’t finish your soup, Hillary will run for president again.”

Satan
    @satan

Oh shit, this rumor is starting to get some legs…. here’s a poll from some organization affiliated somehow with the DNC (which admittedly I never heard of 48 hours ago, but now they won’t leave me alone.)

https://go.traindemocrats.org/page/s/HRC-Presidential-Poll?source=MS_EM_POLL_2018.09.25_X_hillary-2020_R3__F1_S1_C1__intro

Betty Karlson
      @bettykarlson

edit: dupe

Betty Karlson
    @bettykarlson

@satan

National Democratic Training Centre – as in training centrists?

Satan
      @satan

Yeah, that would be my guess…. since after completing their polls, you are greeted by the smiling face of Barry Obama, and then they beg you for money.

FedUp
    • Total Posts: 197
    @fedup

If the DNC tries to shove Hillary down America’s collective throat again, the gag reflex that would kick in would be one for the record books. Buttigieg or Beto or Booker or,hell, Harris would have a better shot at not losing too badly to the orange turd. The only candidate with the potential to kick Trump’s ass is Bernie. For Hillary it would be like bringing a wet noodle to a knife fight. Please, no.

Babel 17
    Donor
    • Total Posts: 1,966
    @babel17

If Clinton sees impending legal problems then she might run so as to get the DOJ to apply its usual deference to such a candidate as her. The judge in the Judicial Watch FOIA case against Clinton & Friends keeps going along with Clinton and her aides having to supply depositions, and will be weighing arguments about compelling Her and others to have to testify.

The State Department is still carrying water for Clinton in court, and the judge gets pretty short with them at times. He’s all but accused them of deliberately violating his directives.

Clinton’s problem is her lies, because they provide an opening to dig into her past. People aren’t as willing to lie for her now as they were in the past, and she might get sold out for having lied in her written and oral depositions. Opening a case on that would allow a grand jury to subpoena some of her financial records. And that could lead to other places. The two investigations into the BS surrounding the last election (Russia! FISA!) will be releasing their results soon, and that will inevitably, imo, further corrode Clintons reputation, and possibly leave her open to more investigations, and possibly criminal ones. People near to her could be in even worse shape as a result of the conclusion of those two investigations, and some might feel compelled to cooperate so as to put it all behind them.

Once Trump is gone her problems are over, or so she might think, so if she has to pretend to be in the race in order to buy time, she might consider that. And given her age, and her medical condition, she could always play the health card to get delays in order to get any possible case against her so delayed as to be considered not worth pursuing. Her doctor can be expected to assert all kinds of issues for her, once it’s to her advantage.

But putting that aside as possible, but highly improbable, it’s less unlikely that she teases getting into the race so as to leverage nearly the same advantage as actually formally forming a campaign.

She gets to frame legal actions against her as being political, and by tying herself to the party, she compels it to buy into her arguments, and to defend her. But she’s an appendage that they don’t need, and they might cut the blood flow to it so that it withers and falls off. If Biden becomes a liability, and becomes forced to announce some excuse for dropping out, then the general mood will be really bad for Clinton. The party defending Biden’s shady dealings are of the same cut as their defense of Clinton, and once Biden is seen as not worth the expense, so too will Clinton be at risk of be reconsidered as being more trouble than she’s worth, and be wished good luck as she battles on her own to defend herself.

If a house is getting cleaned out, no ugly piece of antique furniture is safe from that.

https://www.tulsi2020.com/

djean111
    • Total Posts: 2,442
    @djean111

I see that bringing up Clinton crimes when someone is talking about Trump is now labeled not only “whataboutism”, but “LeftforTrumpism” or something like that.  Legions of straw men are now stalking the internet.  So yeah, and looks like folks are already obediently falling into line. Selective outrage.  What a crock of shit.  And she is perfectly capable of having the law erased/rewritten/ignored or selectively applied when it comes to her and her cronies.

So yeah, she is having the runway resurfaced.  And folks are already shuffling along it, like the folks in Cell.

I will not vote for a Vichy Dem. Period. As always, I decide who is a Vichy Dem.

Bernie's ISSUES or Bust!

whispers
    • Total Posts: 160
    @whispers

Stockholmer , I don’t understand what you mean by what you linked to. Can you help me out? Aspergers runs in the family; I am clueless.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.