COVID-19 Statistics for the Texas County that I live in; Tarrant, 2018 population 2,054,475. Community Spread is Substantial.

Homepage | Forums | Main Forums | General Discussion | COVID-19 Statistics for the Texas County that I live in; Tarrant, 2018 population 2,054,475. Community Spread is Substantial.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Two way street
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 1,669

http://www.tarrantcounty.com/en/public-health/disease-control—prevention/coronaviruas.html?linklocation=homecarousel&linkname=COVID-19&fbclid=IwAR3F5aj-u7IVMVXa8y0yc7qZIp4SPpTBPRNvB5V4U5YaSx8n84J3fh5KFTs

For April 25, 2020, there were 163 occupied beds for confirmed COVID-19 infections.  There were 213 occupied ventilators.  And 437 available ventilators.

Gov. Abbott is slowly opening businesses but the stay at home order for Tarrant County ends April 30; Dallas County, May 14.

Watching these statistics in every county in Texas will tell us how we need to progress.  Neighboring states, except Louisiana, seem to have lower infection rates.  The infection rate in Houston, Harris County Texas, seems to be low.  Anybody know about Harris County and surrounding Texas counties?

Testing is occurring.  We do not know the mild and asymptomatic cases that are staying at home and out spreading in the community, but the numbers are substantial.

2020 Campaign Season: We the People are in the fight for our lives and livelihoods.

Punxsutawney
      • Total Posts: 1,709

I don’t put a lot of trust in guys like Abbott.

In America, “Liberty” means “Free to Die in Service of Capital” - Amfortas the hippie

DamnYankeeInHouston
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 150

I don’t believe anyone’s numbers. Without testing, there’s no way to know.

In the greater Houston area, which includes a lot of counties, the numbers are 5586 confirmed cases, 87 deaths and 1556 recoveries.  We have done better than I thought we would. We shut down when there were only two confirmed cases. We live far apart and travel by car.

I have never been so glad I no longer live in the northeast.  I have a 62 year old autistic brother who works in a grocery store and lives in an apartment in Boston. I fear for him daily.

Two way street
        Participant

Your brother may be entitled to, Temporary Disability, benefits under Social Security and Medicare laws.  Hope he will be tested for the virus and antibodies.  Keep the paper work findings.  He could become ill from a mutated strain several months later.  He could be convalescing at home or in a hospital, with full benefits and then use the Social Security, “Ticket to Work,” program to get back to his job.  He could claim 9 months of Soc. Sec. Benefits along with his salary, when he returns to work.

2020 Campaign Season: We the People are in the fight for our lives and livelihoods.

Fasttense
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 860

Belgium has a 15% confirmed case to deaths rate yet worldwide it is closer to 7% and last I looked the US was 5%. TN has a magical 2% rate. I’m pretty sure they have stopped counting the deaths in nursing homes. Billy Boy Lee is going to open up the state for business starting 1 May. It’ll be really bad around here about the middle of the month. So stay away if you can.

I’ve read where a lot of deaths in nursing homes are not being counted. That’s where the numbers are really bad. If my Mom were still around, I would have moved her out of  her fancy nursing home. They are just one infection away from the majority of residents being seriously ill.

But however they rig their death rate, don’t trust any of them. Something weird about the worldwide numbers…they drop off on the weekend and the death rates to total cases get higher and higher but rarely drop.

Two way street
        Participant

They are still testing at sites that the person has to go to, like drive-through.  And the sites just opened in Tarrant County last week; Dallas County a month ago.

Then there is the antibody testing which would indicate to me that officials believe that almost everyone has been exposed from the virus on pollution particles, grocery packaging or mail.  It reminds me of chicken pox.   Herpes zoster is extremely virulent in February and early March, but school children did not come down with the poxes and fever at other times during the school year.  (Now there is a vaccine.)

@fasttense
          Thanks for your reply.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.