Daily Trivia, June 20, 2022, Yummy Solstice Edition🫠

Homepage | Forums | JackPine Radical Rooms | Daily Posts by JackPine Radicals | Daily Trivia, June 20, 2022, Yummy Solstice Edition🫠

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Mr. Mickeys Mom
      • Total Posts: 8,115

It’s not quite the Summer Solstice yet, but there’s over 15 hours of daylight, and it’s getting ready to be  R E A L  hot.  So, our short ride out today was to the Dairy Queen, which made me think of this one …

The Ice cream soda was invented in which city?

(Looking up the answer is cheating… Don’t!)

Hell, no... I'm not giving up...

surrealAmerican
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 1,156
      Mr. Mickeys Mom
      In 1874, Robert McCay Green, the owner of a soda fountain in Philadelphia, decided to jazz up his sodas to drum up more business and outdo his competitors. He experimented with adding vanilla ice cream and flavored syrups to his soda water. The ice cream soda was immediately popular, and soon soda fountains all over the United States were following the trend.

Mr. Mickeys Mom

And, of course, a great recipe for it…

1: For each soda you’ll need a tall glass (16 to 20 ounces), a straw, a long spoon, an ice cream scoop, 3 tablespoons syrup, 1 to 2 tablespoons half-and-half, soda water, ice cream and whipped cream.

2: Chill the glass in the freezer. This will help keep your soda ingredients cold.

3: Make the soda. Pour the syrup into the bottom of the glass. Add the half-and-half, and blend the syrup and cream together well. Add the soda water three-quarters of the way up the glass. (Don’t fill it all the way or it will overflow.)

4: Add 2 to 3 scoops ice cream. Stir all the ingredients. Top your soda with whipped cream, and garnish it with a maraschino cherry, mini marshmallows or sprinkles.

5: Serve your soda with a straw and a long-handled spoon.

NV Wino
      • Total Posts: 9,528

😄🍦🍨🍧

“As we act, let us not become the evil that we deplore.” Barbara Lee
      “Politicians and pro athletes: The only people who still get paid when they lose.” William Rivers Pitt

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.