Democrats Push $15 Min Wage to 2025 – Medhurst

Homepage | Forums | Main Forums | General Discussion | Democrats Push $15 Min Wage to 2025 – Medhurst

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      ThouArtThat
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 4,544

“Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable."
      - John F. Kennedy

"The further a society drifts from the truth the more it will hate those who speak it."
      - George Orwell

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
      - Jiddu Krishnamurti

"Sometimes a pessimist is only an optimist with extra information."
      - Idries Shah

"A riot is the language of the unheard."
      - Martin Luther King

NV Wino
      • Total Posts: 8,181

🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🙄

“As we act, let us not become the evil that we deplore.” Barbara Lee
      “Politicians and pro athletes: The only people who still get paid when they lose.” William Rivers Pitt

incognito
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 4,574

with minimum wage.

They nickel and dime it to death.

One would think they would find a fucking heart in the middle of a raging pandemic when so many people are needing MONEY. IMPOSSIBLE since very few possess empathy.

Cold Mountain Trail
        Participant
        • Total Posts: 12,932

For sure.  $7.25 federal came in in 2009 & its already worth less than $7.25, with (supposedly) minimal inflation.  In 2018 it would have had to be $8.50 to buy the same amount of goods/services = a $1.25 loss of value.

By 2025, how much will $15 be worth?  Make it $15 now or $20 in 2025.

https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2019/business/us-minimum-wage-by-year/index.html

Populist Prole
          Participant
          • Total Posts: 615

By 2025, how much will $15 be worth?

Well we can’t extrapolate the actual inflation rate, we can apply reverse inflation to 2020 ( I mean, 2021 is too “young” as a year yet ). The inflation calculator I plugged numbers in to from 2015 to now, and then thence to 2025 would make 15.00 go to 16.38. My hunch is that even 15 won’t even happen.

We all know 2025 will come and go, and they’ll find a way to snatch defeat from the joys of victory by making this the absolute last issue this administration will use the bully pulpit to push for.

Tell me I’m wrong. ( not a dare, but a rhetorical statement )

3fingerbrown
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 3,727

It should be 25 an hour minimum right now.

All governments lie to their citizen's, but only Americans believe theirs.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.