• update

The text box issue is fixed. You can now post just a title in replies again. Thank you Manny! Working on the rest. Thank you for your patience.

Home Topics in Depth Activism Ellison calls for '3,007-county strategy' in DNC chairman bid

• Jefferson23 (4869 posts)
    Profile photo of Jefferson23

Ellison calls for '3,007-county strategy' in DNC chairman bid

David WeigelThe Washington Post

Rep. Keith Ellison, D-Minn., rallied with Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., on Wednesday night, taking over a room of the American Federation of Teachers to pitch his “bottom-up” campaign to run the Democratic National Committee.

“We need a 3,007-county strategy. We need a town strategy. We need a precinct strategy,” said Ellison, as Sanders and AFT President Randi Weingarten looked on proudly. “The resources need to be moved down closer to the voter… if you got same-day registration in Minnesota, it’s because the state says so. If you’ve got a lifetime ban on voting for felons, like they do in Florida, it’s because the state says so.”

http://www.mcall.com/news/nationworld/ct-keith-ellison-dnc-bid-20161214-story.html

davidgmills, jwirr, Charles and 1 otherSatan like this

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

▼ Hide Reply Index
8 replies
  • Satan (2041 posts)
    Profile photo of Satan

1. Not sure what the Hell Randi Weingarten was doing there….

…since she’s such an unrepentant Hillbot, but aside from that, it sounds like Keith is looking in the correct direction. If the true Demoncratic party has any chance at all of a resurrection, then it ain’t going to happen with the “top down”, DLC controlled dragonshit model. Howard Dean’s 50 state strategy proved this to be true, and taking it to the county level should do even more so.

Fuck the DLC, Third Way, and Emily's List. They have proven themselves to be a threat to all life on Earth.

2. When I heard her say, and I'm para-phrasing here…I'm not sure we can

call Trump our president…something along that sentiment? I thought, NOOOOOO.

If you’re going to go there, just go away. She did not return to that idea, thankfully, and no surprise no one else did either.

• FanBoy (7985 posts)
      Profile photo of FanBoy

6. yes, gives one pause. she's also working to destroy public education.

I hate her passionately. the fraud

• Charles (1445 posts)
    Profile photo of Charles Donor

3. Please show your support for Keith and sign this petition:

https://go.ourrevolution.com/page/s/keith-ellison-dnc

Bernie said yesterday they have over 600,000 signatures with a goal of 1 million!

Ellison has many important endorsements.

He is in the lead but nothing is guaranteed.

Ellison is getting competition from Tom Perez, the Sec of Labor who supported the TPP and Jamie Harrison, the South Carolina Democratic party chair who worked for Podesta’s lobbying firm for 8 years.

Please take the time to sign and help get Keith in as DNC chair.

Here is a link to his platform to learn more:

https://keithfordnc.org/platform/

4. Thank you for adding that, Charles.

• jwirr (3386 posts)
    Profile photo of jwirr Donor

5. Interesting. That 3007 county strategy may be why I got a survey from Brand

New Congress asking about our district and community. The questions were brilliant and to the point. They seemed to be gearing up to work on every district in the country.

• Two way street (1954 posts)
      Profile photo of Two way street

7. Weingarten is still hitched to the Pelosi Party, building a grass roots to weed

out who?  Bernie?  True Progressives?

Weingarden went against the teacher members of the AFT-American Federation of Teachers to join the education privatization testing movement of Arne Ducan, Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton.    Madfloridian, others and I wrote about the take down of public schools/public education, over the internet, several times over the past years.

Now we may have a New Democratic Party Triangulation with Labor and those who chose no to vote for Hillary (or Trump).  Where will Bernie land when New Democrats start to Primary Progressives in election campaigns soon to start (School Board elections are this May, in some states)?

Will AFT leadership stay with New Democrats or move to Progressive endorsements, before May 2017 school board elections?  Maybe Weingarden still wants to be the New Democratic Party pick for Sec. of Education.  Third Way wants public education privatized.

Draft Bernie for a people's party
  • davidgmills (4767 posts)
    Profile photo of davidgmills

8. It would be helpful if he knew that he left out 137 county equivalents

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/County_(United_States)

Since last I heard Clinton had only won 489 of them.

French Revolution; not secession.