Elsa Becomes First Hurricane of 2021 Atlantic Season; Florida in Path Early Next Week

Homepage | Forums | Main Forums | Latest Breaking News | Elsa Becomes First Hurricane of 2021 Atlantic Season; Florida in Path Early Next Week

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      RCW2020
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 685

Diane Pantaleo and Doyle Rice, USA TODAY NETWORK 49 mins ago

Tropical Storm Elsa strengthened into the first hurricane of the 2021 Atlantic storm season on Friday as it battered the eastern Caribbean, where officials closed schools, businesses and airports.

map: National Hurricane Center The forecast track for Hurricane Elsa shows it approaching Florida by early next week.

The storm could impact Florida early next week and officials are urging residents there to make preparations.

Friday morning, Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis said he is putting together a potential emergency order as Elsa approaches. DeSantis said South Florida could see tropical storm force winds as soon as Sunday night.

Sustained winds were near 75 mph, making the storm a Category 1 hurricane, according to an 11 a.m. advisory from the National Hurricane Center. Hurricane Elsa was located 5 miles south of St. Vincent and was moving west-northwest at 29 mph.

Link to source…

djean111
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 6,438

looked like Elsa was going right over my house.  Forecasts say that when Elsa goes over Cuba it may weaken and/or change direction.   In the meantime, Elsa’s path has shifted a bit to the east, and also I am on the lookout for a virgin and/or some treasure to bury in my back yard; seems to work for the Pinellas beaches!

https://www.cyclocane.com/spaghetti-models/

America is not a country, it's just a business. (Brad Pitt, Killing Them Softly)

Everything I post is just my opinion, and, honestly, I would love to be wrong.

Enthusiast
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 5,136

without throwing hurrcanes in the mix.

I would like to remind you that U.S. health insurance companies do not contribute anything to health care. They are only a PARASITIC middle man receiving an undeserved cut of "FREE MONEY".

Me

soryang
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 1,470

Should i board up the windows or not? Procrastinating on that waiting to see a better projection on the track and windspeed.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.